PDA

View Full Version : Lan Ar

AVW
20th Nov 2008, 17:44
Any current information about LanAr. Anyone that works there, or has had an interview in recent times.
Anyone that has gone from other countries to Arg. and had to validate the tickets..

Thx.

tangalanga
27th Nov 2008, 17:07
You have to be Argentinean, that’s the first requirement.
The process to co validate will kill you, thanks to our famous bureaucracy and thanks to how inoperative the “empleados publicos” are. I started in February, and I don’t have my Argentinean license yet. Off course, I don’t leave there. So makes it longer, if you are going to reside there, probably will be easier.
Basically you have to go , or find, an entity call “La Haya”, this has to do with a old “tratado” which validates any document to be use any where, is like a Notary for the World.

Go there and notarize your license, medical and last page of your logbook.
If you went to High school anywhere but Argentina, notarize your High school diploma as well.
Hey!!!!! Before I continue, are you Argentinean????? Because if you are not, is no way you get the job, let me know so I explain you more.

AVW
28th Nov 2008, 13:28
Yes I am, but I wasn't sure of the requirements of LAN, could not find a page publishing minimuns, etc.

I have done the Haye seal, and copies and all that. All I have left is 4 written exams, a checkride and done with licenses. But just like you I dont live in Arg. so it is a bit difficult to run things out.

I have even done my medical, INMAE.

But still dont know who or how to approach LAN ARG , to know if I even meet the minimun qual.

Thx, Alex.

FlyingOW
28th Nov 2008, 14:13
Hi,

I am a LPE SFO on the B763 and recently flew with an ex-320 LANAR captain (we have many Argies at LPE on 2 year expat contracts). We met some of his LANAR colleagues at SCL airport and they started comparing T&Cs. It turns out that when I fly 85 hrs or so I make just as much if not more than a 320 LAN AR Capt who is also an instructor/checkairman. Granted he only flies about 60-70 hrs a month. But still not a lot of cash if you have to live in Baires.

I think its safe to say that LAN AR are the worst paid of the entire group. You might want to reconsider applying unless you are going to be furloughed in the US, then of course its a no brainer!

Saludos,

OW

cosmiccomet
28th Nov 2008, 15:41
6 month ago or so, LAN Argentina has published a pilot request in the La Nacion newspaper.

The minimums were divided for LOW flight hours pilot and PREVIOUS experience Airline pilots.

For the LOW guys,
-1,000 hrs flight time
-Comercial de Primera Licence (for getting it you have to have at least 950 hrs flight time, a 4 month ground school and multiengine)
-Argentine citizenship.

For the Experience drivers,
-4000 hrs flight time
-2000 hrs in JET Airline Experience
-Argentine's ATPL
-Argentine citizenship

They are recruiting mostly from the Argentine Air Force and Navy Aviation.
For the civil guys, they usually prefer low time pilots (no lower than 1,000 hrs).

Anyway, for every 10 new hirings, 7 are green berets.:}:}:}

PAMPA2000
28th Nov 2008, 20:48
If it helps you out, down below is a copy of the letter I got back in Jan 2007 when I applied. The way things work in Argentina, that lady might not even be there anymore, but that's all I have. Hope it helps

Estimado Sr. XXXXX XXXXXXX

Mi nombre es Valeria Czarnota y trabajo en Selección de personas en Lan Argentina.

Estaríamos interesados en coordinar una entrevista laboral con usted.

Tendría coordinado un viaje a Bs. As. en los próximos días?

Saludos cordiales,

Valeria Czarnota
Jefe de Selección
Recursos Humanos

Lan Argentina
Complejo Costa Salguero
Av. Rafael Obligado y J. Salguero s/n
Capital Federal
Tel: 4808-1437

Correo Electronico [email protected]

.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}

tangalanga
29th Nov 2008, 06:31
I applied to Lan Ar already twice, for first officer. I had at that time about 3000 Total, FAA ATP, 1000jet, ICAO English level 6. The second time a Captain walked in my resume and a “azafata” presented to both Chief Pilots, 320 and 767 They never answered, not even to tell me that the resume was received, so I don’t know what they are looking for to be competitive.:confused:
In the otter hand, Lan Peru got me an interview spot two weeks after I send my resume and HR department flew to USA (where I reside) for the first part of the hiring process!!!!!!!:O
The Peruvians are really, really nice, the “porteños”…are different.:\
I was told that Lan Ar does not waste their time if you don’t have the “Comercial de Primera”. I explained that my license was in the co validation process, it was clear on the resume, but a never receive a call. May be it was just me.:ugh:
About the military guys, mmmmm, is hard to believe that they are getting 7 out of 10. Are these “green berets” flying at all?? Especially from the Navy, I’m sure that if they hire 10 “naval aviators” at the same time, the entire naval fleet (probably 8 A4 ) will be grounded because no pilots.:}:}:}
Still waiting for Lan Peru to star class, call me guys!! Quiero un buen ceviche!!!!!
Happy landings:ok:

a4mrav8r
29th Nov 2008, 07:16
HOLA AVW,

Unless things have changed, you might try contacting this person in the BA office of LAN AR.

[email protected]

I interviewed with him in early 2007 for Captain's post and found him very good to deal with. Perhaps he can answer your questions. Best wishes. :ok:
a4mrav8r

PAMPA2000
29th Nov 2008, 19:03
I had the opposite luck of you. Lan Ar responded right away and offered me an interview, first a phone interview, and then, they gave me optional dates for the personal, medical, etc. (even though I didnt have an argentine license).
Anyway, later I found out they would interview me, but not hire me until I get it, but, I found out after researching, the process of getting the Argentine license is too convoluted, to say the least.
I am back on the street now, for 8 months!, and have been trying to get Lan Peru to respond to my emails, but no luck.
I really can't find rime-or-reason, I have @ 8500+ hrs ttl, 1600+ Airbus, speak fluent english/spanish, and not even a call, so , don't feel bad Boss.
(I posted the contact I had right above your posting for Lan Argentina, but I guess you already got hired by Lan Peru..... right?)

cosmiccomet
30th Nov 2008, 02:51
Eduardo is gonna be very happy with the guy who has post his business email in Pprune:suspect::suspect::suspect:

tangalanga
3rd Dec 2008, 04:39
PAMPA2000

Well, I guess that this is, may be, what happened.
Since you have way more experience that I do, probably LAN Ar was looking at you as a Captain, and they were seeing a potential DEC.
They were looking at me for the first officer position, and may be they supposed that I was going to “desert” after the type or something like that, who knows…

If you applied to LAN Peru lees than one month ago they are not going to call you on the near future. Lan Peru froze all the hiring, specially for foreign, due the crisis and problems with the “sindicato de pilotos”, they are complaining because the Peruvian pilots without a job in Peru, and the better conditions in the contract for the foreign pilots.
Any way, I see you as a spectacular DEC candidate for the A320 ( you must have 1000 PIC on the A320 or any otter aircraft around that weight), so keep trying with Leslie, I am sure she will contact you once they get back on track, around February or march they said.

What is the definition of “get hire”? jaja. I did all interviews, with English, sim and everything. They were setting up my class date and paper work for immigration and all that. I was supposed to star class at the end of October or beginning of November…It never happened.
I talked with Leslie during the last week of October and she told me that everything was on Standby for at least two months or may be more…

Good luck Pampa, talk to you later.

PAMPA2000
3rd Dec 2008, 13:26
Thanks for the respond. I applied to Lan Peru back 5 Months ago!, July 3rd 2008, and never heard from then until finally yesterday Leslie responded to my email, unfortunately, 5 months later it didn't help me, since they are like you say on a "standby".
For me it's even worse, since I have been unemployed back from April!. There are a lot of A320 capt jobs outhere, but they are not all what they promise, and once "they" get you, they change the rules of the games, and screw you. I had 2 brokers ruined my chances with 2 airlines. The worst is some guy by the name Blue Peterson for a company called Airline Design Beurau, (ADB), he plays it like your best friend, and then .......:suspect:!!.
He screwed several guys from my company going to Indigo, and to top it off, he is now the Chief Pilot there, so you can see whose interests he cares for...., so watch out from him or his recruiting company, if you decide to go for that job (0 time A320, type only, they put you on the left set).
Did you get your entire validation completed for the argentina license?, send me a PM,