PDA

View Full Version : Last ever Concorde flight?

Skipness One Echo
20th Nov 2008, 11:11
I had this as Concorde G-BOAF going into Filton but there's a chap on airliners.net suggesting one of the Toulouse Concordes flew after this? Is he mad or getting it mixed up with a military fast jet?

User currently offlineAirbus-Insider From France, joined Sep 2001, 27 posts, RR: 0
Reply 13, posted Thu Nov 20 2008 10:11:28 your local time (1 hour 55 minutes 38 secs ago) and read 101 times:

Nobody knows that this was the last Concorde to fly...it was used for test flights for AIrbus and only flew at nights. I have personally seen it and it...and obviously heard it!
This was in winter 2003.
Cheers
[/B]

Carnage Matey!
20th Nov 2008, 15:08
I think he's confused. All the French aircraft were grounded before the British ones. What exactly would they be testing on an aircraft whose decommisioning was imminent?

Trident man
20th Nov 2008, 17:34
The French aircraft at Toulouse was used for high speed taxi runs to assist in the accident court case,i have never heard of it flying at all.For the best info around visit CONCORDE SST - The Definitive Concorde Aircraft Site on the Internet (http://www.concordesst.com) .:D

DL-EDI
23rd Nov 2008, 16:36
To put it in perspective, there are also a couple of A.netters with proven associations with Concorde operations who are calling him out on that claim. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.