PDA

View Full Version : New MFP

Le Pen
19th Nov 2008, 09:58
Hi All,

My faithfull old HP Scanner/fax/copier/printer has just have to be put down at the vets. Was a sad occasion for all. :{

So now I'm after a new one....

Would anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance

LP

Saab Dastard
19th Nov 2008, 12:02
I have Canon separate devices (scanner, inkjet) and have been very happy with them over a few years now.

My sister recently binned a HP multifunction device in favour of a Canon multifunction device (quite independently, I had no input!), as she didn't get on with the HP or its software.

There was a recent thread that had some negative things to say about HP software, btw.

I have long been a fan of HP laser printers, so I'm not anti-HP.

Sorry, bit vague I know.

SD

seacue
19th Nov 2008, 13:05
HP gave our non-profit organization a 7410 "all in one". It seems to work well, but I mostly ignore their software. We use it mainly as a fax, but it's also used as a color copier. I have also used it as a scanner and printer.

YMMV

Keef
19th Nov 2008, 13:33
Trouble with the all-in-one devices is that if one bit of them goes on the blink, you have to replace them all. The software that comes with them is usually pretty dire, too. HP stuff particularly so - and SLOW :(

My vintage Agfa colour scanner has drivers that are nearly 500k in size,and works fast and perfectly. It's outlasted two Laser printers and three colour printers (I use one of each).

The present Canon colour printer came with over 100MB of software, none of which I use. Even the drivers are umpteen megabytes.

green granite
19th Nov 2008, 15:10
PC Pro: Product Reviews: Canon Pixma MP630 (http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/231915/canon-pixma-mp630.html)

El Grifo
19th Nov 2008, 18:00
Canon's yer man 100% :ok:

BusyB
19th Nov 2008, 19:25
Canon Pixma 810 18 months old stil great (touch wood).:ok: