PDA

View Full Version : Take-Off & Landing Performance Calculation Tool

AI300ST
18th Nov 2008, 19:18
Hi I am looking for details on Take-Off & Landing Performance Calculation programs. I would like to have an feed back from those who are working with it and wich they would recommend. If there are any demo programs around, I would be pleased to have a look at them. For example LIDO (Lufthansa) program user feed back...

Thanks;

Henry VIII
19th Nov 2008, 05:19
Additional, you can try here (http://www.joint-training.condor.de/content/home_services_engineering_en.htm).

AI300ST
19th Nov 2008, 06:26
Thanks Henry VIII. This the general opening website for Condor. Do you have some more details about EFRAS?

Henry VIII
19th Nov 2008, 09:13
I send you via e-mail the only reference I have, received from a colleague who uses it.
For further infos you have to contact them.

Robini
19th Nov 2008, 12:36
Sorry for helping...

mutt
19th Nov 2008, 13:35
Robini, I presume that the original poster was looking for a certified program, not a Flight Simulator Add-on.....

TOPCAT is an acronym for Take-Off and Landing Performance Calculation Tool. It is a significant new contribution for flight simming, and brings a professional approach to flight planning by bringing into a single application all of the calculations required to plan for safe and repeatable take-offs and landings.

Mutt

Robini
19th Nov 2008, 17:28
Sorry for helping....

TopBunk
19th Nov 2008, 17:51
Robini

Well it's designed for FS originally...Asked them and they said that it was
like real world...I tried it and i can say it's a very good one...

...and your experience of the real world of aviation is?

I appreciate you are enthusiastic, but about time you realised you limitations and wound your neck in. All you are saying is that is was designed for MS FS and works in that environment, you cannot extrapolate that to real life!:ugh:

Robini
19th Nov 2008, 18:03
sorry for helping....

Henry VIII
19th Nov 2008, 18:11
Robini, I guess you know the difference between "he said it was a very good one" and a system which reply the manufacturer paper, with all the docs ready to be certified by a CAA.

Pugilistic Animus
19th Nov 2008, 19:43
Robini, I admire your enthusiasm a good deal ---and I know that aviation appeals to you --- may I suggest that you read the Airplane Flying Handbook written by the FAA ass this field takes years of dedicated study and it is important to start with the fundementals first ---but much more precious time may be spent in learning the aeronautical basics as we all start in pipers and cessna's at this stage those books will be more useful to you --- of course continue with your pursuits but let it be tempered by more realistic goals as that is the best path to what seems your ultimate goal ---airplane performance is a very complicated field and sometimes you have to be more humble ---many dedicated professional have sought to assist you but I think that sometimes you get abrasive responses due to you're approach --- I wish pprune was around when I was 15:8 ---but as some have said we must all crawl before we run ---but you sound very intelligent and you should go on to be a very good aviation professional one day----many flight instructors have told me that they hate when folks get to caught up in MSFS because they must spend so much unteaching bad habits ---so, get started learning the basics then worry about the more technical stuff ---just a suggestion

PA