PDA

View Full Version : Firefly Airline

kazaf911
18th Nov 2008, 09:23
Itz a malaysian airline based in Penang, anyone got any info of this airline? eg salary, minimum requirement,etc

nyamukterbang
18th Nov 2008, 10:32
Firefly is your community airline, flying from its hubs in Penang and Subang (Kuala Lumpur) to destinations in Malaysia, Thailand and Sumatra on ATR-72 500 aircraft (http://www.fireflyz.com.my)

its based in subang now flying the ATR 72

Left Wing
21st Nov 2008, 05:30
managed by MAS...so :ugh::ugh:

hitmanishere
21st Nov 2008, 09:34
:}Oh! And if you got kicked outta your previous airline, YOU are always welcome here...

kazaf911
21st Nov 2008, 14:22
Why? is that because the salary is really crap or sth?

phrixus29
22nd Nov 2008, 06:39
KaptenLanun:

How much more can I agree with you...In asia practically,youngsters think only of jets and if they don't get it,there are some who won't even take the job and I have personally seen it,not in Malaysia but elsewhere in Asia...

Some pple just get it too easy that they take other good offers up for granted just because they don't fly a jet a/c...:ugh:

lesenterbang
23rd Nov 2008, 08:47
In asia practically,youngsters think only of jets and if they don't get it,there are some who won't even take the job and I have personally seen it,not in Malaysia but elsewhere in Asia...

Some pple just get it too easy that they take other good offers up for granted just because they don't fly a jet a/c..

There are a lot of people, the general public, who refuse to fly in a non-jet aircraft. Politicians will feel offended if their local airport is only served by a turborop and not a jet. In Peninsular Malaysia due to political reason there hasn't been a serious turboprop service before FireFly since the early 90s. Places like Ipoh paid the price when the jet services becomes no longer viable; there is now no scheduled domestic service to IPH.

kwaiyai
25th Nov 2008, 03:40
Flying Rubber Dog toys out of HK and Saigon etc at 1am in a 90 ton Cargo Jet
as PIC and a CP politic Player versus A timeout flying TBP's. with a nice view serving coffee versus a FlightEng at 1 am (Sorry Guys Nothing Personal), That was my reason to change for a while. Byt I am nuts anyway:ok:
ATR is a good rating right now by the looks of it as well,

kazaf911
25th Nov 2008, 06:11
Anyone knows what the salary is like in this airline?

ZFT
25th Nov 2008, 10:03
Kwaiyai,

Ah but don't you miss CCs and cheap Chang?

malaysiacadet
3rd Dec 2008, 08:44
hi, just want to ask,
any chance for firefly crew to join MAS after 2-3 years?

yanafrica
6th Dec 2008, 18:18
wasn't this thread about firefly infos ????:ugh:

Oz_TB10
7th Dec 2008, 08:53
Firefly should be advertising soon within the next month i guess.

B747-800
7th Dec 2008, 10:22
100% MAS and is their short hop carrier. they service the malay, thai and indo area.

under the ASEAN open sky policy we are expecting that they will get very active in that area with additional routes.

yeoroom
8th Dec 2008, 16:12
Dear fellow pilots,

I have an interview with Firefly Airlines and hoped that there are some people on this forum who are currently flying at Firefly or have completed there line training over there and give me some info on the interview and the line training.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Jimmy

steamage
9th Dec 2008, 02:10
hello Yeoroom
Are you having interview for captain or first officer position?
can you tell us how did you apply?
Also what did they tell you about interview process?
thank you so much in advance.

yeoroom
9th Dec 2008, 07:35
Interview for FO.

I'm a FO for an airline company which operates ATR in Korea. The company is out of service for month.
MAS agent in Korea has posted a job opening for ATR FO and Captains through internet.

Don't know about the process....thats why i posted here.... a person from MAS will be visiting korea for the interview.....

Hope I have more info but this is all.....

ZFT
9th Dec 2008, 08:45
yeoroom,

Heard that one of the Korean majors was interested in picking up the Hansung pieces.

Have you heard anything similar?

steamage
9th Dec 2008, 12:32
yeoroom
thanks for info. I wish you best of luck, I am sure you will get the job
just remember you already flown the aircraft and they need pilot.
Let us know how was the process.
Best regards:ok:

yeoroom
11th Dec 2008, 00:23
I wish a major company pick up Hansung!!

There are lots of rumors.... KAL, ASIANA, Tiger Airway, Virgin blue etc......
but under the world financial crisis, the process is really slow and painful for us.

Only rumors are floating on the market and the board directors are shutting their mouth. Any confirmed info hasn't come out so far.

steamage
11th Dec 2008, 01:03
yearoom
how many ATR hansung has, and which one ATR 72 or 42.

ZFT
11th Dec 2008, 04:51
yeoroom,

I hope the takeover discussion come to fruition for you and all the remaining staff.

jumpdrive
11th Dec 2008, 08:32
people have asked many times if some1 knows the salary
.......any1?
thks