PDA

View Full Version : Am I allowed to file ATC flight plans ??

gbr
16th Nov 2008, 14:09
Hello everyone

I just wanted to ask if I am allowed to file ATC flight plans?. I currently work in a "Load control" department at a handling company. Ever since I started I have worked as a "Load controller" making loadsheets and loading instructions for passenger and cargo aircraft and I am trained for that job. However in my department, my supervisors did handle ATC flight plans (made adjustments if needed, for example change TAS to Mach number if needed and change departure waypoints if required by ATC) and print weather and NOTAMs etc aswell as flight dispatch assistance to private jets and other airlines. They did not make the operational flight plans, only adjusted the flight plans if needed for ATC requirements. My supervisors were required to have a flight dispatcher licence issued by my state. Recently all my supervisors got fired because my company has financial problems. My supervisors got rather high salary, much higher then I do. Now Iīm supposed to do my supervisorīs job aswell as many other tasks at the airport (like driving jetways to and from aircraft etc, handle private jets file ATC flight plans etc etc...rather high workload sometimes I can tell !!). I donīt have a flight dispatcher licence and my other collegues at my job have no training in flight planning and barely know anything about flight plans at all. Am I allowed to do that ?? (change/modify/file ATC flight plans?). Are there any rules saying that you canīt modify/change ATC flight plans if you arenīt a flight dispatcher ?. The airport I work at is in Europe and therefore belongs to JAA/EASA.

Regards

Gbr

Will88
16th Nov 2008, 16:10
Anyone can do it. I've filed and changed more flight plans than I've had hot meals in the last two years and I have no formal qualifications relating to it.

the bald eagle
17th Nov 2008, 04:23
Just don't forget to tell your flight planners that you changed the ATC strip and give them a copy of the new plan so they can amend the plog for the crew to mirror what you have done, other than that your pet cat if it's clever enough can file the plan!
TBE

NO 7
17th Nov 2008, 10:35
Please be wary of addressing flight plans.

If the flight is IFR wholly within IFPS Zone then its straightforward, but please check for VFR plans and anything going outside the IFPS especially transatlantic flights. If you modify an existing plan then IFPS will send any changes to the original addressees.

IIRC UK CAP550 contains the information on additional addresses.

I note that your location is Iceland so maybe your CAA has a similar document.

Hope this helps.