PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator - Battle of The Forces.

Al R
15th Nov 2008, 21:03
I would rather eat my own toes raw, than allow Murdoch's shadow to cross my threshold.. but could someone tell me if CAS's selfless determination to improve fitness standards across the RAF had an impact (tomorrow night)?

Gladiators: Battle of the Forces - Sky1 (http://sky1.sky.com/gladiators-battle-of-the-forces)

Cheers. :)

taxydual
15th Nov 2008, 21:04
Tacky Tacky Tacky

Big Tudor
15th Nov 2008, 21:08
Oh come on. It's hardly new. HM Forces featured in a few Gladiators specials in the 90's. Didn't seem to do any harm then, can't see that it would now. :ok:

taxydual
15th Nov 2008, 21:13
OK then, but send in our best. The three WRAF's from the NAAFI at 'a secret airbase' will sort the Sky 'luvies' out.

'All done in the best possible taste'.

Wensleydale
16th Nov 2008, 08:35
We could do with some new Gladiators for this show. Perhaps Faith, Hope and Charity?

Grabbers
16th Nov 2008, 08:37
I thought the directive from HQ was excellent. The RAF requests people to go along and support their athlete, in uniform, during the working week. No travel, coaches, buttie boxes etc can be supplied. So, they want the troops goodwill but are unwilling to return that goodwill. And they wonder why people are disillusioned.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

spheroid
16th Nov 2008, 18:54
Let me get this right...... Your fellow serviceman is representing his service and you are not prepared to support him unless you are provided free travel in the form of a coach and also you demand that you are provided with food and drink.....

You are not in the Army or Royal Navy are you....????

enginesuck
17th Nov 2008, 14:31
quote of the day after losing even with a 20 second headstart 'the RAF dont do assult courses'

Airborne Aircrew
17th Nov 2008, 15:03
quote of the day after losing even with a 20 second headstart 'the RAF dont do assult courses'

Ahhh... They were all illusions then... The PTI's actually brought us tea and biccies and we all sat around telling spiffing yarns... :rolleyes:

greycoat
17th Nov 2008, 17:32
Absolutely correct. Health and safety didn't like assault course, it suggested some element of danger, so they became confidence courses and participants were provided with hard plastic hats.