PDA

View Full Version : Random rebooting

spannersatcx
15th Nov 2008, 19:25
XP sp3, no recent hardware/software installs, pc has started to randomly shutdown and restart.

On restarting it says something like a serious error has occured (understatement) and gives the following code, which I have no idea of it's meaning:

BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : B88E0EE6 BCP3 : BA5A9CD0
BCP4 : BA5A99CC OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

any ideas?:confused:

green granite
15th Nov 2008, 20:42
It's probably a driver problem, or just possibly a registry error, if you don't already have it download CC cleaner and do a registry scan and repair (the easy option)

If that doesn't help read this article from Microsoft although it's not the same as your error code it should give you a clue how to proceed if you can work out which driver it is causing the problem. When you use a Creative Labs SoundBlaster 16 Joystick with a game port in Windows XP, you receive a "serious error" or a "STOP: 0x0000007E" error message (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321637/en-us)

Coconutty
16th Nov 2008, 09:54
Found this on the web relating to a Registry error that gives the Bcccode errors :
I HAVE NOT tried the suggested download to fix the problem etc,
but it appears to be worth investigating :

Problems with Error Code 1000007e? (http://simple-pc-help.com/support/error2_1000007e.html?t202id=7852&t202kw=1000007e%20error&gclid=COLd1LbF-ZYCFQuT1Qodyz2TYg)

I had a similar problem of random shut downs caused by the processor running hot - in the BIOS there was a temperature setting and if reached the computer would immediately shut down to protect it.

Clearing away all the dust from around the processor heat sink and fan fixed it !

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/coconut11/Coconutty.jpg

green granite
16th Nov 2008, 13:11
Hmmmmm interesting program, I ran my 3 different registry cleaning programs and then ran that one. It found 723 errors, 400 of which it said were empty keys.

hippotamus
16th Nov 2008, 16:14
in my experience main cause of random rebooting is overheating.

again , in my experience , usually caused by accumulation of dust and other assorted crud , or fan failure.

Can be one of the cheapest problems to solve... just blow the dust away :)

check for dust , check to see if your fan is still working , check that you are not covering any vents.

spannersatcx
16th Nov 2008, 17:56
pc's been on about 3 hrs now, cpu temp 45C, mob temp 30c, graphics card 57c, nothing too unusual there that I can see.

already run cc cleaner, reg cleaner, ran regcure it alledge 2000 errors I think it said, at least 1200 anyway, which seems very odd when cc cleaner and reg cleaner had already been run a few days/week ago. Anyway ran it and clean the registry, just waiting to see what happens now!:eek:

Thanks for the suggestions.:D

spannersatcx
18th Nov 2008, 08:06
Oh well that didn't work:(

Flashed the BIOS to a previous version, updated the graphics card drivers, shall wait and see what happens.

Further googling reveals that it could be memory or graphics card failing, ran a memory test, no faults reported, might see if I can dig out an old graphics card and try that, otherwise time for a new pc or laptop as it's nearing xmas.:eek: