PDA

View Full Version : Need new class 2 medical revalidation

PompeyPaul
14th Nov 2008, 12:27
Does anybody have any recommendations in the Surrey area ? In today's "credit crunch" Britain, cheap would also be good.

I also heard, somewhere, that on renewal your eyes aren't tested ? Is this so ?

Thanks for any advice

modelman
14th Nov 2008, 12:51
When I had my first renewal (Class 2) this year I was checked (same AME) for eveything including eyeballs,are you in some doubt as to the performance of yours?:confused:

Paid £90 but I am in the Midlands

MM

PompeyPaul
16th Nov 2008, 16:32
are you in some doubt as to the performance of yours?http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/confused.gif
Not really. Just as I look at my R reg Clio, before it's MOT, and wonder about it's tyres etc I'm looking at myself before my MOT

Tigger_Too
17th Nov 2008, 06:39
Try this:

Medical Examiners Database Search | Medical | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=49&pagetype=65&appid=21)

Mr Grimsdale
17th Nov 2008, 12:42
I always use Airport Medical Services (01293775336) near Gatwick... it's nearly Surrey... almost. A friendly bunch and reasonable price, I think it was £90 for my last revalidation.

C172 Hawk XP
17th Nov 2008, 14:27
I also heard, somewhere, that on renewal your eyes aren't tested ? Is this so ?

Absolutely not ! Vision is one of the most important and fundamental checks at EVERY aviation medical ! Who could even dream otherwise ?

PompeyPaul
17th Nov 2008, 18:58
I always use Airport Medical Services (01293775336) near Gatwick... it's nearly Surrey... almost. A friendly bunch and reasonable price, I think it was £90 for my last revalidation.Thanks for that! I'll give them a bell tomorrow. That's much more reasonable than the £170 I'm being quoted around here.

PompeyPaul
18th Nov 2008, 13:49
Absolutely not ! Vision is one of the most important and fundamental checks at EVERY aviation medical ! Who could even dream otherwise ?
Yep, it's the ECG that, apprently, you don't need for renewal if less than 40....

JP1
18th Nov 2008, 20:24
PP

I am in the same situation PM me if you find a reasonable fee.

Anyway on another note I have let my class 2 expire (early October). I had a look around in LASORS to see if there was any problem with this, for example having to do a full medical if the expiry is by more than x months etc, but I coudn't find any details.

Does anyone know the ramifications of allowing the medical to expire by a few months??

As a sidenote since I am over 40 (just) it seems that the renewal and full medical differ by very little in terms of cost and checks.

18greens
18th Nov 2008, 21:22
Theres one in East Molesy, Vine medical centre, not bad prices.

JP1, if your medical lapsed (even by a day) it lapsed, nothing you can do about it, continue to let it lapse or have it renewed. No point asking questions just go and do it. If you are fit you pass and fly if you are not fit you fail and drive cars, motorbikes, fast speed boats, busses, lorries and other 'safe' transport instead.

C172 Hawk XP
18th Nov 2008, 22:08
Does anyone know the ramifications of allowing the medical to expire by a few months?

For Class 2, none whatsoever.

Examination within 45 days prior to expiry = revalidation.
Examination any time after expiry date = renewal.

No other differences. Pure, unadulterated, bureaucracy !

As a sidenote, since I am over 40 (just) it seems that the renewal and full medical differ by very little

Once over 40, ECG is required at each renewal / revalidation. Extra cost.

And some AME's (not all) will have to add VAT . . . . . . :ugh: