PDA

View Full Version : difference between modular ATPL course and integrated ATPL course

206LELIT
14th Nov 2008, 12:15
I am hoping to go to university to study Air Transport Operations which I can gain a Frozen ATPL at the end of year two including IR, but the costs vary for modular ATPL course and for an integrated ATPL course. what is the difference? could someone please help me!!!!
Many thanks

99jolegg
14th Nov 2008, 12:31
Integrated is great, modular sucks :E

Seriously though, you will find some information here:

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/131649-archive-reference-threads-posting-guidelines-read-before-you-post-question.html

Have a look around, do a search for "modular" and "integrated", understand want each denotes and make a careful decision based on the information you find and remember, that there is no right answer! It's a personal decision - what might suit you perfectly, might not suit someone else at all.

Megaton
14th Nov 2008, 12:37
£50K :p

And not much else.

Leezyjet
14th Nov 2008, 19:30
206LELIT

With an Integrated course you do all the training including ground school with one provider with each stage being completed sequentially without any breaks in training.

With Modular, you usually have to use a seperate company to do the ground school as the flight school doesn't provide that side of training. You can then choose to start and stop your training at any stage depending on personal circumstances etc.

Although some Integrated schools also offer modular training, so you can just pay for each stage of the training at a time rather than for the whole lot, but still use the same provider for everything - this works for those who need to work to save for the next stage of training.

And as Ham Phisted so wittingly said, about £50K.

:ok:

ahmedelsayed
6th Oct 2014, 19:00
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, so excuse me slowness.

Just had a few questions and would be grateful if anycone could answer them for me.

1)Can you buy any books/materials/software online to help with the pilot aptitude test/COMPASS test....? name of book or link will suffice.

2) Once graduating from a flight school, lets say Dubai (Jetstream for example) with an ATPL Forzen (EASA) what are your chances of getting a job? If not what are the best ways to increase the chance of getting a job? Personally dont care what airline/cargo companyit is for, I just want to fly.

Thanks in advance lads.

Halfwayback
8th Oct 2014, 09:17
Ahmed

Welcome to the Wannabee Forum and to PPRune in general.

You will find that there are lots of people here who would be pleased to help you and others who will offer advice. Some have their own agenda and regurgitate the same diatribe.

May I suggest that you spend some time reading through the forum? ( Leezyjet has given you one thread ) By all means use the Search function - and you will find that most of your concerns / questions will have been asked and answered before.

I am temporarily closing the thread before it attracts the usual sciolists.

HWB