PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday HRH the PoW

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
14th Nov 2008, 00:01
I thought it would be rather nice to wish the Boss's 2IC happy birthday. Personally, I think he's a bloody good Heir and successor. Also a fellow aviator:

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/media/images/galleries/lifestyle/bonnieprincecharlie/medium/52119159_8.jpg

spheroid
14th Nov 2008, 18:40
He is also a serial adulterer who seemed quite happy to bed anyone who walked past him. Indeed he was having sex with 3 married women at the same time (although not in the same bed). He is also married to an adulteress who found it perfectly normal to jump out of bed with her husband and jump into bed with the POW...... But apart from that they are completely normal.

stepwilk
14th Nov 2008, 18:43
Details, details...

MostlyModerate
14th Nov 2008, 18:56
A little substantiation might help, don't you think ?

spheroid
14th Nov 2008, 19:05
To substantiate what....? that the POW was an adulterer...?

There is plenty of evidence.

You have to remember that this is also the man who shook hands with Mugabe...... Hmmmmm

ZH875
14th Nov 2008, 19:07
Stop knocking him, he has waited 60 years for his job, and the way Aunty Betty is looking, he will be waiting another 20 years.

(TFFT)

OKOC
14th Nov 2008, 19:10
Give the bloke a break-stones, greenhouses etc. At long last he seems to have found happiness with Camilla -- yes, he is a bit off-the-wall but his green creds which he has banged on about for donkeys years prove he was/is ahead of his time--surely you can't deny him that.

Duncan D'Sorderlee
14th Nov 2008, 19:26
Happy Birthday to the Duke of Rothsay and the Lord of the Isles!

Duncs:ok:

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
15th Nov 2008, 08:55
OK spheroid, just for you:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n131/Golf_Bravo_Zulu/52113948_8.jpg

Fit's your image of him?

Bye the way, spheroid looks an apt name. You chose well, Grasshopper. :ok:

rogerk
15th Nov 2008, 09:21
.. but shaking hands with Mugabe

He should have his hand cut off at the wrist :E:E:E

Room40
15th Nov 2008, 11:18
You have to remember that this is also the man who shook hands with Mugabe...... Hmmmmm

Wasn't it more a case that Uncle Bob shook hands with him? I seem to remember the incident as more of an ambush by Mugabe than anything else.

If that and a bit of bagging off out of watch is the best you can come up you really do need to try harder to generate a bit of mean-spirited carping about a man who does rather more good than harm.

Room 40

rogerk
15th Nov 2008, 13:04
[Wasn't it more a case that Uncle Bob shook hands with him? I seem to remember the incident as more of an ambush by Mugabe than anything else]

Mugabe is good at ambush - must be those years when he was a terrorist.
:=:=

JEM60
15th Nov 2008, 13:31
GolfBravoZulu. What that lovely lady is doing is the Argentine Tango, and it's a move called 'decoration' He can obviously dance it better than me!!!!:):)

barnstormer1968
15th Nov 2008, 19:06
I used to share many of the views of Spheroid in post #2.

BUT we have to live in the real world, and Prince Charles now seems to be just so happy and content (not that I bump into him on a daily basis you understand).

In a similar fashion, my dislike of Camilla disappeared overnight, when I learned just how much she does for the forces (in a genuine way), such as hand writing letters to injured soldiers/or their families, not to mention she does seem to genuinely care.

As much as I always reeled at the thought of an adulterer being the head of the Church of England, I Can't help thinking that none of us are perfect, and if any fellow PPRUNERS had a soul mate, I would not want to keep them apart.

Logistics Loader
15th Nov 2008, 19:12
HRH a POW !!

has he been kidnapped or has the Kokinelli kicked in ??

goofer
16th Nov 2008, 10:04
Tribal identity is a valuable military quality but we should be careful not to label as disloyalty any peep of dissent.

The armed forces of the crown rightly attach great importance to the moral legitimacy of their actions. So when those who represent that legitimacy fall short of the ideal (for example, by committing adultery over a prolonged period with the wife of a brother officer) then it’s not treachery to raise an eyebrow.

Mentioning such matters - this is not an isolated example - is not to spoil the birthday fun – just gently to remind us that while loyalty is commendable, blind loyalty does no credit to British or any other armed service.

2i/cs who earn promotion usually do so on the grounds of clearly-recognised professional ability, personal qualities and judgement. Others – we’ve all met them - get there by a combination of spin and patronage.

The next head of the armed forces won’t be selected at all so it’s even more important that he’s respected for the virtues he does possess rather than those he doesn’t. Soft-headed sentiment is for adoring crowds and partying luvvies full of Highgrove label champagne. Steely-eyed, square-jawed, cucumber-cool military folk deserve something better.

Clockwork Mouse
16th Nov 2008, 15:35
Steely-eyed, square-jawed, cucmber-cool military folk deserve something better.

Like a spell-checker?

goofer
16th Nov 2008, 16:21
Well spotted, CM - thank you! And to think I managed "legitimacy" without looking it up...