PDA

View Full Version : How dry .....

bladewashout
13th Nov 2008, 21:43
To anyone who has ever kept a heli in an unheated dehumidified hangar, what relative humidity range did you try to keep it at?

The kit I've bought is getting me to about 55 - 60%, but getting down to the 45-50% range (and keeping it there) means I'm going to have to go shopping again and find a cheaper electricity supplier!

Cold climate here in the UK, temperature is about 10 degrees inside. Insulation and vapour barriers are in place on the walls. I could resort to warming it up to get the relative humidity down, but that could be a bit expensive, I'd rather just dehumidify.

Perhaps there's another anorak like me out there who's thought about this for a few nanoseconds..... :bored:

BW

500e
14th Nov 2008, 22:12
YEP me to.
Memo to self "get out more"
Lowering the humidity to 55% will help anyhow, have a dehumidifier in garage with old Ferari 246 no rust, a result not to be sniffed at.
Garage has polly curtains hung around car but not air tight by any means, brick floor and lime plaster on walls, no damp course, built about 1860 as coach house.
Only small domestic not machine had 2 in the last 8 years runing 24\7 for 7 months on humidistat.

Keeping your garage dry (http://www.meaco.com/stagegarage.htm)
explains humidity \ temp relevance regarding type of unit