PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2007 - Unable to send

jethro15
13th Nov 2008, 21:26
Receiving incoming mail no problem.

However, on clicking Send/Receive outgoing mail jumps straight into the inbox and contains the following message.

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
'[email protected]' on 13/11/2008 22:12
503 No recipient(s).

Applies to both replies and new messages, all correctly addressed. Anyone any ideas?

jethro

Saab Dastard
13th Nov 2008, 22:27
Sounds like it could be an SMTP authentication issue.

You could try checking that your email account is set up to provide the same password to send messages (SMTP) as to receive them - this will be in the Outlook account settings.

Also check to see if SSL is set "on" for SMTP - if so, turn it off.

If it isn't that, try googling "503 No recipient(s)" - there's a variety of solutions out there!

SD

Mornington Crescent
14th Nov 2008, 15:32
J15

I found this on another forum.

Search for scanpst.exe
run it till it stops returning errors.
reboot.
should fix your pst file, and allow it to send.

It is in C Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033

It is a MS tool so it might be worth a try.
Good Luck

MC

jethro15
14th Nov 2008, 19:59
Thanks guys, but

SSL is switched off already

Attemting to run SCANPST.EXE returns a constant error message

'The procedure entry point DDL UninitInstance@0 could not be located in the dynamic link library MSMAPI32.dll'

Mornington Crescent
15th Nov 2008, 08:30
Sounds like it could be a PST problem.

Another thought - Have you removed or tried to remove OE. Outlook actually uses OE for proper execution! Well in Office 2003 that is.

Can you send and receive using OE?

I am presuming XP?

MC

jethro15
15th Nov 2008, 08:58
Yes, it's XP

I haven't touched IE at all. That's running fine.

All was ok one evening when I shut down, no problems at all. The following evening the first mail I tried to send jumped straight into the 'Inbox' with the error message as described above in the origional post. I have even tried running the repair function from the Office 2007 installation disk to no avail.

There are no other error messages apart from what I've stated

Mornington Crescent
15th Nov 2008, 09:25
Sorry about that. I meant Outlook Express not IE.

I don't know whether that makes a difference to your reply.

MC

jethro15
15th Nov 2008, 10:05
No, never touched Outlook Express. Can't recall even ever opening it.

What I can't understand is that one minute everything was fine. I didn't tamper with anything at all. Switched off with no error messages. Booted up again next day again without any issues. Tried to send mails but encountered this damn 503 message. I am at work at the moment and away from the offending pc.

stickyb
15th Nov 2008, 14:52
It basicaly says that 1) you have a blacklisted dynamic IP - just get another; or 2) you are trying to reach the mail server from an IP address belonging to another IP supplier, when only IP addresses from the mailserver provider have to be used.