PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Groundschool Notes vs Cabair

Okavango
13th Nov 2008, 08:42
Hi. I recently obtained an old set of Cabair manuals for ATPL study (from year '04-'05). They seem similar to the Wiljam ones that are on the web (which I believe are the same as the Jeppeson ones people mention). I'm planning to go with Bristol GS - are their notes any better as it seems there is a fairly standard information package and, though the information is there I'm not wholly impressed with the clarity of the Cabair/Wiljam/Jeppeson notes.

egwechris
16th Nov 2008, 20:53
Okavango
I did my ground school with Cabair, and in my opinion the Bristol notes are much more clear, concise (and without the typos) than those provided by Cabair. I ended up lending the Bristol notes to other Cabair students because they thought the same when they saw them!
Feel free to PM me if you need any more info.

acuba 290
16th Nov 2008, 21:30
i have seen notes from Cabair, they are on my opinion more complex than Bristol

matty31
18th Nov 2008, 13:40
Try looking around there are other notes as well that are better in my opinion than both of the sets mentioned.

Cheers

Matt

paco
18th Nov 2008, 15:24
The Wiljam ones are Atlantic notes with the names changed

Phil

fibod
18th Nov 2008, 20:39
I my humble opinion the Bristol notes are easily the best in the industry; probably followed by Oxford's.

I'd be really interested, Matt, in which you think are better?

matty31
19th Nov 2008, 08:50
I have used two different sets so can only share my opinion on those. I'll PM you my experience if you like (and anyone else) so as not to cause public offense to the other schools.

What makes you think Bristol and oxford are the best is this from experence of both for exam prep?

Cheers

Matt

Okavango
19th Nov 2008, 11:10
Matty - you are free to express your opinion - that is all it is and should not cause offense to any school. I'm sure good and bad opinions would be gratefully received by any organisation committed to excellence.

jamie230985
27th Nov 2008, 07:47
I studied my ATPL's with cabair and their notes had a lot of problems and missing areas. I recomend Oxfords notes for understanding and for practice bristol's database is spot on!!