PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Aerodynamics,performance and systems knowledge.

riseagainst
13th Nov 2008, 02:05
Planing on studying nz atpl advanced aero/perf/systems knowledge.
Just brought an australian aviation theory centre avionics and flight management systems for atpl by trevor thom and auz aviation theory centre performance, planning and loading atpl books. What do you guys think of those books and do you recommend any other books for this subject?

Dick Whittingham
13th Nov 2008, 13:11
Trevor is well respected and publishes good material. Don't know about the other lot

But, if the Oz CAA works like ours you wont be able to sit your atpl exams unless you have done a recognised course at an approved FTO and the FTO will give you a full set of notes anyway
Dick

riseagainst
13th Nov 2008, 22:57
Cheers man, its hard in nz most people here self study, the local aeroclubs sometimes run atpl courses but not too often so finding it hard to decide what books to buy to self study..Thought i better get into my atpls while im still in study mode!

Dick Whittingham
14th Nov 2008, 20:33
Get close to students finishing the CTC Course in NZ and see if they would let you have a set of used notes, There will be no backup on second hand notes and they make tough reading.

Dick

riseagainst
15th Nov 2008, 04:46
Yeah, cheers for that, didn't even think about that!
A few of my friends are instructing at Ctc at the moment so will have to ask them if they could grab some notes!