PDA

View Full Version : Jet 2 How Good Are They

doublesix
12th Nov 2008, 21:27
Hi everyone

I'm pondering over whether to book seats on the above carriers route to Dalaman from Manchester next summer. I've travelled with all the other charter companies, Thomas cook, Thomson etc with no real problems. Can anyone tell me what Jet 2 are like generally in terms of punctuality, aircraft reliabilty etc, or should I stick with the more 'established' companies and pay a bit more. Thanks in anticipation

D6.

TSR2
12th Nov 2008, 21:36
No problem with Jet2 punctuality but a very basic no frills airline.

ladylily63
12th Nov 2008, 21:45
We have flown with jet2 twice and experienced no problems on either flights. Both were on time and even though they are a no frills airline the service we received onboard was very good.

cabot
12th Nov 2008, 21:48
no problems at all...they do whats written on the tin.

MUFC_fan
12th Nov 2008, 21:48
They are better than most LCC airlines by way of service as most of the crew are from the North of England and have that 'homely' feel. Nothing against other cabin crew but personally when I get back on a plane to come home I cannot think of a better person to speak to than a Manc. Just personal opinion.

Rate them higher than all other LCCs in England.

cabot
12th Nov 2008, 21:53
Some of their aircraft double up at night to carry freight but you get what you pay for.I have flown with them several times and never had any problems.All flights have left on time and the crew were friendly and efficient.

cabot
12th Nov 2008, 21:58
Book it ..you know you want to.....they operate the flight when they say they do.Don't much you about like some Irish carrier.

doublesix
12th Nov 2008, 22:13
Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

D6

Jet2krazey
12th Nov 2008, 22:25
Jet2 fly to Dalaman on their 757-200! this aircraft is never used for cargo so i very well looked after inside, and from 1st may 09 they are also taking seats out too give more leg room seats in the front! ive recently just flown with Thomas cook and the leg room on their 757-200 was really bad my knees were against the seat in front and crushed when the guy in front put his seat back! i would recomend Jet2 any day! the only thing their aircrafts lack are IFE but they are trialing at the mo handheld tvs, with tv shows and music and u can upgrade to movies too! cheap at just £4 for the flight! or just take your own at no cost!
you can also purchase hot meals onboard for just £8 which incluids starter main and pudding with bread roll, cheese and crackers and chocolate! and a hot drink inc too!
But my advice is upgrade too Jet2plus for just £27.99 each way you get priority checkin, fastrack security! airport lounge, and inflight meal and complimentary drink inc ontop of the hot drink with your meal! and you get served 1st onboard before all other passengers!
And not forgetting the crew they are always friendly warm welcoming and great fun!
And even if the aircraft did go tech which like all airlines they sometimes do! their not like other low cost airlines and just cancel the flight and leave u stranded! they put you up in a hotel if a long delay and get you back ASAP. So nothing too worry about! :ok:

richardnei
12th Nov 2008, 22:49
Jet2 are one of the best low-cost airlines in the UK at the moment. Flights usually on-time with allocated seating at check-in which is always good on longer flight.

A/C are fairly old but are well maintained by jet2's own engineers who are always on hand incase of any last min tech issues before departure.

Would book with them before even thinking about easyjet, bmibaby or Ryanair.

A300BOY
12th Nov 2008, 23:29
I rate them better than several of the scheduled airlines as all the others have said very friendly helpfull cabin crew makes a nice change.

Willowfly
13th Nov 2008, 06:51
I would concur with all of the above posters - I have flown with them at least 10 times from LBA and only ever had positive experiences. Service has always been efficient and friendly. AC a little old and don't like the one with all of the Japanese writing but apart from that wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Had the inflight hot meal on a flight back from Cyprus this month and it was good value. One word of warning, the initial price quoted isn't what you end up paying as they add on surcharges, baggage cost, seat allocation etc.

big.al
13th Nov 2008, 09:36
Only had three flights with LS;
MAN-ALC - ok, on-time, aircraft quite dirty inside. B757.
MAN-ACE - ok, half-hour late, B757. Quite satisfactory.
ACE-MAN - 28 hour delay due to a/c going tech. Sent replacement 757, eventually. Just one of those unlucky events I guess.

Despite the horrendous problems on flight no. 3 I'd use them again if the price is right - an a/c can go tech. for any airline, and safety has to be no. 1 priority.

757operator
13th Nov 2008, 13:41
Very friendly, and no problem getting a quick refund unlike another lowcost operator that I have been flighting.

ash666
14th Nov 2008, 09:32
I tried them 2007 and had huge delays both ways with very little pax support.
Swore never to use them again. EZY for me.