PDA

View Full Version : PRM

traymat
12th Nov 2008, 16:03
PRM
Have an urgent meeting in Zurich tomorrow and am flying with BA from Terminal 5. I badly sprained my ankle (nothing heroic unfortunately) on Monday and am using crutches to get by. I have seriously considered cancelling the trip however spoke with BA yesterday who assures me there will be no issue to bring crutches onboard.

It is my understanding that there might be a “PRM” service available at the airport to assist me to the aircraft and I am led to believe that this service could be available on arrival.

Questions
Can any kind sole confirm that crutches are allowed onboard? I have confirmation verbally with BA, however do not want to be hopping on one leg if a grumpy morning tired supervisor decides otherwise.

The “PRM” service; Do you request it on arrival? What is the charge?

Appreciate any feedback

BRS_flyer
12th Nov 2008, 18:21
Not too sure about BA or LHR but after a number of years at another UK airport my experience would lead me to belive:

There should be a a PRM service avalible to all passengers without charge
I have never come across any issues with people being unable to take crutches on board of any airline.
It has also been the case that within my operation that passengers were able to request the service on arrival and not require any forward booking of PRM services. Not sure if it would be different at a much larger airport such as T5 but I would be suprised if you had any major issues with it. If you have been in contact with BA they may have already put a note on your booking to that effect.Have seen many people traveling with far worse ailments than a sprained ankle and im sure it is nothing worth canceling over, just do allow yourself a bit of extra time if you are not as fast on your feet as usual (will probably be able to jump the queues though :ok:)

Have a good trip

ThreadBaron
12th Nov 2008, 18:40
Flew BA to Abu Dhabi whilst I was on crutches. A polite request at check-in got the Baroness and I seats D, E, Fand G blocked so I could put my legs up. Of course the load that day conspired to allow that to happen.:ok:

Let us know your experience.

traymat
12th Nov 2008, 19:23
Tonight when checking in on-line, I could not change my seat "due to your special circumstances" so I guess it is already noted.

Will keep you updated and thanks.