PDA

View Full Version : FATA in India (Foreign Aircrew Temp Auth)

TidaBisa
12th Nov 2008, 10:16
Can anyone shed light on the official stance on the FATA's that are issued in India. In particular my question is:

1. What is the maximum number of years that one can fly with FATA as a foreigner? I was told that it was three years.

2. Is the 3 year limit for India or only the company you work for? In other words can you switch to another company and work for another 3 years on the FATA?

Don't want to start an arguement here about Indian pilots vs expats. I just want to know what the official ruling is and where to find it.

on_the_right
12th Nov 2008, 11:04
I would be very cautious about "rules" with DGCA. They can change the expat and FATA equation rather quickly.

Rotorhead1026
12th Nov 2008, 11:46
Officially all expats are "outta here" by June of 2010. If the economy really "tanks" then that might actually happen. If things start to turn around it may or may not happen, by degrees. FATA's are officially renewable annually for a total of three years, but I know one fellow who was at one outfit for seven years and another company for almost three (and his leaving had nothing to do with his FATA). On_the_right's comment on rules is well taken. It appears they vary with the airline, the pilot, and the officials - as well as the current circumstances. I don't know if changing outfits "resets" the three years.

Clears it right up for ya, huh! :):):) Welcome to India!

In all seriousness I've had a good time here overall. :ok:

viking320
14th Nov 2008, 16:36
welcome to India As ? on Fata its for 3 years and now DGCA has given till 2010.Things are changing very fast in aviation in India and as you know DGCA will take steps to control the crisis.I am having a good time in India and enjoying and learning a lot .Local pilots are competent qualified and good to fly with.As in any profession you will have problems but its up to you how you want to overcome that issue. With DGCA its a typical government organization.like anywhere in the world things will get done if you know the right people and have the right attitude...........
so with my experience I can say if you are coming to India come with an open mind and enjoy and learn while you are here its a wonderful country and wonderful people and good luck
Viking