PDA

View Full Version : Economic Climate Thread

morbz
11th Nov 2008, 20:05
Seeing as there is a rant about the economy in just about every post, I thought I'd start a new thread specific to it and dedicate it to those that love to talk about the econonomy.

Feel free to post your optimistic and pessimistic views, any news on airlines hiring or laying off, any form of discussion, personal views on the outlook etc...

Theres such a good debate to be had on whether the economy will pick up within the time it takes for newbe pilots to complete training if they start now (for example) and just general banter to be had on the climate state. Im set to start with CTC despite hearing bad things about the future employment; some might think Im mad yet some might think it could fit nicely with graduating in an upturn.

This topic is for all those who love to rant and debate so fire away...

Lets face it we are 100% in a downturn. Im going to start by suggesting that things could pick up quicker than expected, I mean people say this is worse than the 9/11 episode and that took 2 years to recover, but at least with the situation now the problem doesnt lie with people not wanting to travel, but people not being so generous with their spending, I think in the nation we live in people cant help but spend so in one sense this climate will perhaps not be AS bad as other situations in the past... Also those who travel abroad despite the climate being 'tight' may not stay as long as they have previously done as money will be a problem for many; this will not affect air travel too much in the sense that time of stay wont impact the need for travel....

Latest significant news on redundancies, recruitment? Whats your opinion? Does talking about the economy just make things worse?

mcgoo
11th Nov 2008, 20:11
plenty of economy posts here:

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/335548-growing-evidence-upturn-upon-us.html