PDA

View Full Version : MCC before IR

ZuluWhiskey
10th Nov 2008, 21:43
Evening all,

Does anyone know if it is allowable to complete an MCC course before finishing the IR? I know it's not the done thing but due to circumstances, I may be in the position to do this having completing half of the IR course - long story! Without sounding rude, please no comments as to whether this is an advisable option, I'd just like to find out the official line.

LASORS doesn't have a conclusive answer .... hopefully someone out there does!

Cheers,

ZW

flightlevel1985
10th Nov 2008, 21:46
I am 99% sure that you need a valid MEIR to commence an MCC course

gmac1977
10th Nov 2008, 23:01
nulty is right

CPL not essential but IR is.

Sure Lasors does state that somewhere!!

ZuluWhiskey
10th Nov 2008, 23:24
Thanks guys, I thought so but would like something concrete. The only thing I could find in LASORS is the following under MCC general information:

From F10.1
The course is intended to provide MCC training in two
circumstances:

(i) for students attending an ATP integrated course in
accordance with the aim of that course;

(ii) for PPL/IR or CPL/IR holders, who have not
graduated from an ATP integrated course but who
wish to obtain an initial type rating on a multi-pilot
aircraft.

The fact that it says that the course is intended makes me think that this guidance is not obligatory entry requirements and may be flexible.

ZW

BigGrecian
11th Nov 2008, 01:45
When I did my IR the instructors were saying that the students who had Spanish IRs didn't have good enough instrument skills to concentrate on the element of the course - and failed a couple of them. (Yes, I know this isn't theoretically possible, I guess they didn't fail them they just didn't issue the MCC certificate. :{ )

So I'd be interested to see how someone without an IR would cope.

Nashers
11th Nov 2008, 04:07
as some others have already said, you deffo need the IR finshed before you can do your mcc.

strictly speaking, you are not suppose to start the mcc course untill you have the IR issued but the flight school dont enforce the rule much as they know that the caa can take their time. they however will need to see a copy of your pass certificate.