PDA

View Full Version : MCC course RyanAir at CAE or SAA?

tancar
10th Nov 2008, 13:20
Two weeks ago I applied for the MCC course RyanAir at CAE in Amsterdam. I haven't heard from them. Anyone who knows anything about their procedures, an how long to wait for an answer?

I have also been in dialogue with SAA in Stockholm. They are nice to talk to, and I can start their course i january.

SAA use the F28 sim and CAE the 737-800. Since the assessment for RyanAir is in the 737 sim, I figured out my chances passing the assessment would be better, if I flew the same sim as much as I could? Any qualified recommendations???

Anyone who knows how many who get recommended after the MCC for selection at RyanAir?

Thanks for your help!!

tancar
11th Nov 2008, 07:20
Send you an e-mail with the required info; thanks.

ashah
17th Jan 2011, 22:18
Hey did u hear from CAE regarding the MCC? I was also looking for some more information on it...

BoeingDreamer
18th Jan 2011, 04:52
Tancar, it is beyond me why you would want to pay 6550 Euro for the MCC course, it does not improve your chances of working for RYR, it could actually have the opposite effect, as they will be expecting much more of you at the sim check.

As an example you can go to Oxford OAA, and get 737-400 MCC for £2550, and their ops procedures are also very similar RYR, but at half the price.

For MCC course or a Sim check you are not expected to be proficient on the type.

J-10
18th Jan 2011, 05:59
Thx for the info Boeing :ok:

tancar
18th Jan 2011, 06:08
Hi; yes a finally heard from them, but only after my comment in this forum. I got my MCC i Stockholm. The course was very intence and at high quality, but the simulator was crap. If your're not up to IFR standards, I would highly recommend you to do som sim training in advance with an instructor. None of my course attendents gort hired with RYR.