PDA

View Full Version : RBL Festival of Remembrance

exscribbler
8th Nov 2008, 22:02
I've just watched this and it was, as usual, brilliant, although I really must speak to Mrs Ex about the dust in the house. It made my eyes water continually.

The down side was that I couldn't help thinking that Broon had a fcuking nerve turning up.

November4
8th Nov 2008, 22:28
Excellent and will be speaking to Mrs N about getting double glazing fitted as the draught kept making my eyes water.....

As for Broon....the shot I saw of him made him look bored and couldn't wait for it to be over. Where as Cameron looked interested and keen.....maybe he just a better actor....??

Stretch182
8th Nov 2008, 22:38
Agree about that tw*t Brown - he had no business there at all. I've got to be honest though, whilst it was excellent, I feel sure it used to be better - all the service displays and a far more military aspect to the whole thing than we've had for the past 3 years or so.
Particularly liked the bit where they brought in the "recently returned"
What was up with that stair though - several people came a cropper on it - including one of the Pensioners - I hope it wasn't avoidable!
Stretch

PPRuNe Pop
8th Nov 2008, 22:39
That was probably the best one I have seen in some many years.

Some very poignant moments that you make you feel proud and some to make the tears flow.

My heart went out to all those in theatre and I felt real pride all round. What 2 Para have gone through is hard to take but they all showed us how to tough it out.

I look forward to the service at the Cenotaph.

God bless all our guys and girls.

arandcee
8th Nov 2008, 23:56
All the poppies started my previously unknown hay fever to play up, my eyes were watering too.

I think 'that' stair must have a loose gripper rod or something, top marks to the members of the audience that kept a few people on their feet.

The RM Band doing 'Rocky' was absolutely superb though.

bootneck13
7th Dec 2008, 11:22
I was one of the "younger" RAFR blokes marching down the same steps on the night and the problem was that the stairs were a bit too narrow for 2 people marching side by side.

It was a great honor to be a part of the whole event and very humbling to be the company of people like the Chealsea Pensioners.