PDA

View Full Version : Remembrance in Bristol?

lancs
8th Nov 2008, 14:27
I have a very simple question, that you would have thought the powers of the internet ought to be able to answer - maybe I'm just being useless...

Does anyone happen to know what's occuring around the Cenotaph and Cathedral in Bristol tomorrow - specifically what times? I can find out that the service at the Cathedral is at 10:50, does that mean events at the Cenotaph are before/after/during this?

Anyone's help most appreciated.

tutgby
8th Nov 2008, 14:52
march down around the 1015-30 mark, then parade at 1045ish, cenotaph wreath laying and silence at 1100 obviously and then timings thereafter depend on how long the wreath laying takes. After the silence, national anthem and general salute and parade will march back up towards Park Street.

Hope that helps:rolleyes:

spheroid
8th Nov 2008, 14:55
march down around the 1015-30 mark, then parade at 1045ish, cenotaph wreath laying and silence at 1100 obviously and then timings thereafter depend on how long the wreath laying takes. After the silence, national anthem and general salute and parade will march back up towards Park Street

If you delete the words "Park Street" then that description is pretty much the same for every village, town and city across the UK. If your town has a War Memorial then if you pitch up at or about 1030 tomorrow you will be in time. Same every year.

lancs
8th Nov 2008, 15:39
Sorry, been out of the country for a while, needed reminding of how we work here...