PDA

View Full Version : Wing Cdr Paul Gerrard & Team RAF Linton-On-Ouse

seagull2200
8th Nov 2008, 13:17
Sir,

I would just like to express my gratitude and that of every pilot i've spoken to respect of events concerning the loss of sight incident and subsequent recovery to Linton-on-Ouse.

I would have totaly expected absolute professionalism from the RAF, however what to me made this quite outstanding was the 'human touch' in the tone and reassuring voice of Wing Cdr Gerrard, to what must have been a wholly petrified and confused private pilot having just suffered a medical emergency at the controls.

I'm sure this thread will be moved to the Private Flying forum before too long, but for the duration of it being amongst military personel, i would join with the private pilot community and the civil aviation community at large and say a massive "Thank You".

..and if there is anybody on the forums from Linton-On-Ouse, get Wing Cdr Gerrard and the controller to check out the Private Flying forum - we won't tell anybody you looked ;) - but the expressions of gratitude and compliments would be worth a read....

Seagull2200

ScottishCop
8th Nov 2008, 19:06
Well done the RAF Pilot & RAF Air Traffic Controllers at Linton!!!!!:ok:

Delta Hotel
8th Nov 2008, 19:38
Well done Gervaiz and the rest of 'Team Linton':D

DH

Brain Potter
9th Nov 2008, 13:48
I guess that the guy who was doing Linton's (rather prolific) publicity year or two ago must have been posted by now, otherwise this story would have been No1 on the MoD's news service :}

Seroiously though, well done to those involved :ok:

2close
9th Nov 2008, 14:11
This story instills a massive sense of pride in the unparallelled professionalism of our armed forces.

Wing Cdr Gerrard had best get his No.1's pressed ready for a visit to the Palace, methinks.

Top Marks, troops! Well done.:ok:

MadsDad
9th Nov 2008, 15:57
Some of the reports of the incident say that Wing Cmdr Gerrard wa already airborne when the mayday was called.

If he was (as opposed to being 'scrambled') did he have a student with him? (If he did that student must have got one of the best practical airmanship lessons they could ever hope to get).