PDA

View Full Version : Jet Airways now operating helicopters!

Rotorhead1026
8th Nov 2008, 05:33
Courtesy of Aviation India

Pilot admits mistake (http://avindia.*************/2008/11/pilot-admits-mistake.html)

Calcutta: The pilot of a Kingfisher flight had mistakenly steered it too close to the city airport’s secondary runway while another flight was about to land on Wednesday afternoon. The Calcutta airport authorities have stated this in a report to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) in Delhi.

“The Kingfisher pilot admitted his fault in his flight safety report. The aircraft should have waited behind the holding point on the taxiway,” said a senior airport official on Thursday.

“We have sent our report to the DGCA. The next course of action will depend on their response,” he added.

Kingfisher officials were unavailable for comment.

The airline’s flight to Aizwal had been asked to wait until a Jet Airways flight from Guwahati landed and cleared the runway. But the Kingfisher pilot overshot the holding point forcing the other plane to hover in the air. [my emphasis] :eek:

Air traffic controllers had sent a message to the Kingfisher pilot asking him to back away behind the holding point. [He may have been hovering too. Boy, am I missing out! :sad: ]. Once he complied, the Jet flight landed.

hitmanishere
8th Nov 2008, 05:42
:}Hehehe....Got me thinking for a while about the title until the last couple of lines...

Air traffic controllers had sent a message to the Kingfisher pilot asking him to back away behind the holding point

The pilots must have used the aircrafts reverse thrust:} to back off.....

Rotorhead1026
8th Nov 2008, 05:50
must have used the aircrafts reverse thrust

I added a note about KF possibly hovering - must have been just as you were posting.

And, re-reading the post, I realize this merits a headline as well ...

Pilot admits mistake (http://avindia.*************/2008/11/pilot-admits-mistake.html)

Unheard of. Impossible! :):)