PDA

View Full Version : CAA/JAA ground school instructor

EchoMike
7th Nov 2008, 16:39
Curious to know how to become a CAA/JAA ground school instructor. I'm an FAA AGI (advanced ground school instructor), and have been for some years. Looked at CAA website, found something called CRMI, but I think that's for airline CRM requirements, one of the qualifications is 1,000 hours as ATPL - this would be great, but perhaps a bit overqualified to teach ground school for PPLs, so I think I'm looking in the wrong place. What are the procedures/qualifications/requirements/tests to become a CAA/JAA licensed ground school instructor? Your comments are solicited and appreciated. Best Regards, Echo Mike

Whopity
7th Nov 2008, 18:42
No requirements whatsoever, anyone can do it but hopefully they will have some relevant experience. AOPA sponsor a ground instructor certificate program which is entirely voluntary: AOPA: Ground Instructor Course (http://www.aopa.co.uk/scripts/course_gi.php)

EchoMike
20th Nov 2008, 17:09
Sorry for the tardy reply, but I've been having problems with my web browser and pprune not getting along very well. (If Microsoft made airplanes, would you fly one?)

I appreciate the pointers, and I am talking with AOPA now about getting this done.

They're being quite cooperative and helpful, and it looks like this will be possible without my going to the UK (which I don't mind BTW, I rather like the place, but NOT in December and January).

Stay tuned . . .

Best Regards,

Echo Mike

Parasgang
13th Jan 2017, 05:15
Sorry for the tardy reply, but I've been having problems with my web browser and pprune not getting along very well. (If Microsoft made airplanes, would you fly one?)

I appreciate the pointers, and I am talking with AOPA now about getting this done.

They're being quite cooperative and helpful, and it looks like this will be possible without my going to the UK (which I don't mind BTW, I rather like the place, but NOT in December and January).

Stay tuned . . .

Best Regards,

Echo Mike

Hello Echo,
I would like to know about how you went through the process of becoming ground instructor under EASA approval....if you can help with this it will be great