PDA

View Full Version : I wants to Be a Pilot

Tomcroos
6th Nov 2008, 22:38
HI, I am doing my PPL course in the moment in MIltiflight which is they charge me £6500 including theory test and license.

But after PPL i can not afford to pay £50,000 for my CPL, can any body tell me what is the best thing to do next?

i do searched sponsorship but i can not find any, also i only got my 2 A level qualifications tho.

any ideas guys?

BelArgUSA
6th Nov 2008, 22:50
You are from Leeds...?
And you wants to be a pilot...?
And no body can help you...?
I am certain you shall find someone to help you, tho...
Do searched more.
xxx
:}
Happy contrails

Tomcroos
6th Nov 2008, 22:54
thanks for ur info, i am new to this site as well, just register now, i am doing my A level last year in collage also in evening i am doing my PPL theory course,

is there any one give me an full explanation what i can do after i finish the PPL?

stepwilk
6th Nov 2008, 23:09
Learn to spell would be a start. Or make a collage.

Romeo India Xray
7th Nov 2008, 07:03
Do searched more.

C'mon guys - spelling 'aint everything in this day and age. It amazes me how many police there are on here! Many people who use this site are non native English speakers, yes, probably even some users from Leeds. If Tomcroos IS a native speaker, the only anecdote I will give on the spelling and grammar is that I know one guy due for is 737 command course next year who had no A levels and was regarded by the college as dyslexic. He overcame his problems on his way to becoming a pilot.

Next

Tom, dont try to do everything in one hit. Work your ass off, get a job. When I had only a PPL I was working as a factory floor sweeper and general skivvy. Work was awful, pay was excellent and came with enough oportunities to sneak off for 30 mins here and there to read the CPL theory books that I had bought. Gave me the time and money to get the 700 hours I needed (things were different in those days for self improvers). Then some b:mad:d changed the rules on me but that is another story.

These days I would firstly get a class 1 medical
Secondly get some good ATPL theory books (dont enrol onto a distance learning course until you are sure you can cope with the theory involved)
Thirdly save every penny. I know when you are 19 you want to be drinking and partying and having fun and getting a car - hold off on that (I was riding around on a moped for years).
Fourthly, once you have digested the basics of the ATPL theory from your books, enrol on a distance learning course and sit the exams.
Fifthly fly enough to keep current and build your hours towards the 150 mark.
Sixthly use the money you saved from having no life whatsoever for a few years to fund your CPL course and MEP ratings (and maybe an instructor rating as well)
Seventhly work your ass off possibly with a part time flying role (e.g. instructing) if you can get one, and work and save like billio again to fund your MEIR and MCC
Eigthly get the English right in your CV and send it off to anyone and everyone.
Ninthly come over here and buy me a pint for giving you all this quality advice and not ribbing you about your spelling.

RIX

Tomcroos
7th Nov 2008, 09:53
Thank for your great information Romeo,

I am originally from Srilanka, i came to England 2 years ago which is i don't know English when i am in Srilanka, i learned step by step English in here which is i can speak well but sometimes i do grammatical spelling mistakes.

Now i am going to college MON - FRI in morning and working in evenings 6 days in a week. On Wednesdays i am off to PPL Theory study in Aviation Academy i am working in Macdoanld which is Romeo mentioned swiping and mopping, thats what i am doing there still i am saving single penny.

Romeo can you please tell me how to get into to CPL after i done my PPL please

I am really happy now, because i know what i am doing next Romeo

SKYWRITER1
7th Nov 2008, 12:07
Read the wannabees forum. There is a mountain of information on there going back years. Also do searches for specific questions you have. You will soon pick up the basics of what to do next. Ultimately though, it all comes down to money. Working any way you can, and earning as much as possible will always help!

Why not ask some of your instructors too, they will know a lot, if not all, you want to know,

good luck,

SW

Romeo India Xray
7th Nov 2008, 12:50
Skywriter

You took the words out of my mouth/fingertips.

Tom

Stick with it - there will be times when you consider it to be impossible, it is not.

RIX

Pequena_Inquieta
7th Nov 2008, 12:53
I wonder if those who criticise know at least the basics of a second language...
I´m a little tired of reading that kind of post. It seems as if some people are only here for the purpose of humiliating others... :suspect:

BelArgUSA
7th Nov 2008, 12:54
Tomcroos -
xxx
My apologies about me criticizing your English spelling...
I did not know you were from SL...
But one advice... improve your spelling, now that you are in UK.
You know, old idiots like me are the ones who will read your C.V. -
Our friend RIX forgot that little detail.
I am a "pussy cat" and congenial person, for people trying their best.
Especially when I deal with pilots who had to learn English.
I also had to learn English when I was a teenager.
Good luck to you -
xxx
:ouch:
Happy contrails

Romeo India Xray
7th Nov 2008, 13:04
I put the English thing in as point 8 shortly before he comes and buys me a pint.

I am myself involved in the selection of crew to work here in LV. CV has to be top notch - the way the CV is presented tells as much about the candidate as the information therein (sometimes more). I do though think that youngsters who are just starting out should be given our full support. There were a good many people helped me along the way and I am sure there were many for you too. My dyslexic friend made it so anything is possible (with the right approach).

Happy landings one and all :)

Tomcroos
7th Nov 2008, 13:10
Its ok BelArgUSA you did not mean it.

any way Romeo i am just decided to concentrates on my PPL, than i will come back for, how to do CPL

i thing i do need some help in theory and practicable in PPL because of i just done 2 flying lessons.

BelArgUSA
7th Nov 2008, 13:32
Oi, Pequena Inquieta -
xxx
Para mim, falo 4 linguas fluente, e principiós de 2 mais...
Incluido o Português...
Como sobre VC, Che...?
xxx
We are all here to help each other in aviation.
But it is essential to introduce oneself correctly. Especially for pilot jobs.
My teacher is mostly Jo Suares, TV Globo...
And my mother-in-law, who is from Porto Alegre.
xxx
:ok:
Happy contrails

Pequena_Inquieta
7th Nov 2008, 15:22
Oi, Pequena Inquieta
I thought you were brazilian, actually... rsrs
But you know, it´s not just in this forum. We see that in all of them. It really bothers me and humiliates whoever is criticised...

And too bad you watch Globo.. rs
I hate all those channels. For me they are just a waste of time. I prefer to post on forums. It´s more constructive.

"Che" is a slang - "gauchês" -from Rio Grande do Sul, where your mother-in-law is from. I loooove their accent. It´s my favorite in Brazil.

"Bah!!!" hehehe

Mas eu sou goiana mesmo e morei e estudei nos EUA por uns anos...

Beijos

BYALPHAINDIA
7th Nov 2008, 15:25
Hi Tomcruise, So you have walked the 'Plank' at Multiflight then.Lol

You will be flying the A/C I used to fly - BXGW, BXDT, etc??

Well at least you have started early at 19, Most others would have wished that.

I loved flying the 'Robin' it felt as though it flew itself compared to the Cessna Tank.Lol

There's no weight in the Robin!!!

Stick with it to the end of the tunnel, And then at least you can say 'IV'E DONE IT.

If you need any help anytime PM me, I go upto LBIA most weeks, I'm about 6.3 tall and drives a silver mondeo, So give me a shout.

Best Of Luck.
BYAI

danmcdermott
7th Nov 2008, 22:43

Yep, brilliant welcome to the industry. How childish some people are.

Tomcroos
9th Nov 2008, 23:31
hi everybody thank for your all information,

My Plan is

Finish my A level (second year)
Work least 4 days a Week
Forget about the drinking and buying cars
Save The money much as i can
Than improve my spellings and my English LanguageAfter i Finish my PPL, I will do CPL

Also i will never forget about this site, will visit everyday:ok:

Prophead
10th Nov 2008, 08:58
ahh G-BXGW, definately was my favourite Robin.:ok:

preduk
10th Nov 2008, 16:56
A couple of things for you to read:

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/131649-archive-reference-threads-posting-guidelines-read-before-you-post-question.html

Tayside Aviation How to become an Airline Pilot (http://www.taysideaviation.co.uk/flying/learning/index/trainingairlinepilot.html)

LASORS: LASORS 2008 | Publications | CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=90&appid=11&mode=detail&id=1591)

You may want to go for your CAA Class 1 Medical as well, details are here:

JAR Class 1 and 2 medicals | Medical | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=49&pagetype=68&gid=211)

fadedfootpaths
10th Nov 2008, 18:05
Check your PM Tom :):)