PDA

View Full Version : JAA Written Exam in Florida

WhyFlare
6th Nov 2008, 21:52
Can anyone please tell me EXACTLY where to take a JAA written exam in Florida?

I see plenty of places to study for it, but no real info on how to take exams.

I have a job offer over seas and I am attempting to do the FAA to JAA conversion as soon as possible. Currently in Tampa, FL.

Thanks in advance.

Keygrip
7th Nov 2008, 02:50
No - I doubt that anybody can (as the venue is not 100% static).

It moves venue (or at least it used to do) depending on exactly how many candidates need to sit the examination(s) in any given session. Nor is it a "public walk-up" facility (as you know) - it was set up specifically for the numerous ground school operations that needed it. I know - I set it up.

Reservations for examination sittings should be made through one of the groundschool suppliers - if they wish to help you.

Are you doing any approved ground training for the examinations - or just busking it on your own with an exemption?

If exempt, then that's one of the problems with not using an approved school - *you* are also responsible for your own administration.

AmeriBrit
7th Nov 2008, 16:48
I just got done sitting the second set of 7 of the 14 ATPL writtens in Lakeland, FL on the Polk County Community College campus (also shared with Univ of Southern Florida). I believe if you contact the CAA you can reserve and pay for the exams a month before you sit them. They are generally given every month during the first Monday thru Thursday. It should be a short drive for you to make from Tampa.

Fitnesspilot737
7th Nov 2008, 16:50
Whats the offer if you dont mind me asking and how many hours do you have? Im currently in New Smyrna, Fl and looking to convert to JAA