PDA

View Full Version : Air rage . . . . . again . . . . !

AMEandPPL
6th Nov 2008, 16:31
You wouldn't want to be sat near anyone like this

Unruly air passenger taped to seat - World - AOL News (http://news.aol.co.uk/world-news/unruly-air-passenger-taped-to-seat/article/20081106075823636366961)

Once again, who will meet the extra costs of the diversion ?

:ugh:

Flight Detent
7th Nov 2008, 01:16
...as I say in most of these cases...

Why did they divert?

There seems to be no supportable reason to do so!

Continue to destination, I say!

I know some people will be uncomfortable for the remainder of the flight TO the destination...but nowhere near as inconvenienced as having to cope with a diversion!!!

Why should the antics of one have to disrupt everybody, instead of just that person AT the destination!

Cheers...FD...:uhoh:

ZimmerFly
7th Nov 2008, 03:56
A passenger saw Castillo having drinks in an airport bar before boarding. She bought another drink on the plane before light attendants stopped serving her alcohol because of her behaviour.

Must be a new grade of staff on UAL :}

angels
7th Nov 2008, 12:00
As is usual with this sort of incident, it was the pilot's choice to divert.

It's his/her decision and he/she should be backed all the way.

Personally, I probably wouldn't mind the inconvenience of the diversion a) because I wouldn't want to hear ranting all the way to Chicago and b) to witness the final tirade as she realised the book was going to be thrown at her as she was dragged off the plane.

apaddyinuk
8th Nov 2008, 02:16
Why did they divert?

There seems to be no supportable reason to do so!

You dont honestly think they reported ALL the details in that article???? :ugh:

Bealzebub
8th Nov 2008, 12:37
This question has been asked and answered.

The airline will in the first instance meet the costs of a diversion. Do you think there is some sort of public contingency fund, or perhaps they have a "whip round" ? Under the terms of the contract of carriage, an individual who causes the diversion can be held liable for the costs incurred by a diversion, however any recovery would likely be as a result of compensation directed by a criminal court, or damages awarded by a civil court. Whatever the prospect (or otherwise) of successful recovery, the costs involved in a diversion are the primary responsibility of the airline, and it is the airline who meets them.

For anyone who thinks otherwise, the decision to divert or not, rests with the Captain of the aircraft. It doesn't matter one jot what anybody else thinks. If the Captain decides that he wishes to land in the interests of the safety or regularity of the flight, he has the absolute and statutory right to do so. A passenger who is unruly or violent, or displaying an unacceptable level of behaviour, is most certainly grounds for a diversion, if in the opinion of the aircraft commander that is the desired course of action. The fact that somebody is restrained (adequately or not) does not necessarily remove the elevated level of risk or threat.

For the avoidance of doubt, it doesn't matter whether the passengers "mind" or not, they are subject to the lawful authority of the aircraft commander and agree to be so by virtue of their contract of carriage. In these circumstances "inconvenience" is not an issue relevant to the decision.

Rainboe
8th Nov 2008, 12:59
Come on people, think of the lawsuit she has available to her now! They tied her up with 'duct tape' for goodness sake! That is enough to sue for compensation...the agony as it was ripped off depilating her, the circulation it cut off, the unlicensed use of a restraining device that was not legal, her 'passing out' it was on so tight........it goes on. She is in for a mega payout! Best get the beeatch on the ground sooner rather than later. We live in an unlimited liability world now!

Abusing_the_sky
8th Nov 2008, 13:27
Oh my dear Rainboe, how your post made my day!:D

el #
8th Nov 2008, 13:31
A.T.S.

certainly the matter suits your nickname, no surprise you're delighted in hearing the sordid details :)

Abusing_the_sky
8th Nov 2008, 14:50
el#, i will not feed the troll, hence why i won't make any comments with regards to your post. However, may i suggest you look in the dictionary and see the academic explanation of the word "sarcasm". Works wonders!:ok:

PS: should i make any comments, i would say that I'm always glad when a badly behaved pax gets what he/she deserves.

RJ Kanary
8th Nov 2008, 15:42
I saw no mention of her mouth being taped shut.An oversight perhaps ?

RJ