PDA

View Full Version : Does Cathay Pacific recognize taxi hours

johnny 5
5th Nov 2008, 12:24
Has anyone applied to Cathay Pacific? I've been trying to establish if they are willing to recognize taxi time in addition to military flying hours. I've e-mailed them but have yet to receive a reply.

Thanks

SFCC
5th Nov 2008, 13:41
They probably haven't got up off the floor yet:}

Airborne Aircrew
5th Nov 2008, 15:48
I've e-mailed them but have yet to receive a reply.

They probably think that if you need to pad your flying hours with taxi time you aren't qualified yet.

Just a thought...:hmm:

BEagle
5th Nov 2008, 16:05
See Appendix B to LASORS Section A, page 42-43 Recording of Military Flying Times – Taxi-time allowances.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/nw969/Internet/zxzxz.jpg

Most airlines are aware that the military does not record flight time from chock-to-chock.

abbotyobs
5th Nov 2008, 16:19
They will recognise taxi hours, as per BEagle's advice above.

The other question is whether they will recruit you, if you have only done a military bridging package ie 4 or 1 exams depending on whether you are ME or FJ, since on their website you need all 14 exams, and the Hong Kong/Chinese CAA require 14 exams I believe.

Loopdeloop
5th Nov 2008, 18:06
Yes they do. When I applied I just filled out the taxi time form (I assume they're still available), signed by the boss and stuck it in my logbook. They give you a separate application form on which to put your hours so just put the totals in the boxes including the taxiing hours. You have to take your logbook to the interview so they'll look at it then and so long as the figures make sense then there should be no problem.
So far as the license goes there have been a few difficulties and some people end up having to do an extra exam or two in HKG but you're unlikely to fail them, at least I know of no one who has!
A good top tip here is to apply then send an update every 2-3 months to keep your name at the top of the list.
Try the fragrant harbour forum for lots more advice but make sure you use the search function first unless you're in possession of a thick skin!

johnny 5
5th Nov 2008, 20:39
Thanks for that, I've seen the hours criteria listed in Lasors. Is where I can find this taxi time form as I don't remember seeing that? How did you application go, any tips?

Cheers

airborne_artist
5th Nov 2008, 20:49
where I can find this taxi

I 'ad that Mr Beagle in in the back of my cab once. Kept telling me to read LASORS very time I asked 'im a question. Lovely fella, mind.

BEagle
6th Nov 2008, 05:41
Another stupid comment from the resident thrush.......:hmm:

Old Fella
6th Nov 2008, 10:10
Those who make the smart remarks would bleat if CX deducted taxi-time from their credited hours for pay purposes.

Airborne Aircrew
6th Nov 2008, 12:59
Those who make the smart remarks would bleat if CX deducted taxi-time from their creditied hours for pay purposes.

Naaah... Chock to Chock on rotary is pretty much flight time... :p

Brain Potter
6th Nov 2008, 13:30
Which rotary type are CX operating then :}

It always annoyed me that the RAF are out-of-step with the civilians in this respect. After all, whoever signs for the aeroplane is fully in-command as it moves under it's own power during taxiing. Furthermore, if the aircraft is damaged whilst taxiing it seems that even more wrath is unleashed on the captain than would be the case for any other stage of the operation. Yet, no credit is gained for safe execution of this phase. I've had some decidedly tense moments whist taxiing at unfamiliar, dark, contaminated airports. Not life-threatening, just pension-threatening!