PDA

View Full Version : Oxford Aviation Study Plan

VFR Transit
5th Nov 2008, 12:13
Hi

I am very sorry for posting this on here, but have tried the OAA forums and no answers.

I am looking for a Study plan issued to OAA Studes on the ATPL theory, If anyone has a copy they could e-mail me or post me then please contact me.

Thanks
VFR

clanger32
5th Nov 2008, 12:41
The reason you've had no answers is because there isn't one. It's up to you as to how you study and how many hours you put in/where you spend those hours.

If I've misunderstood and you're looking to do some pre-study before embarking on the course, then I'd seriously suggest doing no more than ensuring your maths /basic physics is up to scratch. The course is highly complex and you run the risk of confusing yourself more than the benefit you'd gain by trying to pre-study it. You only have to do a brief search through these forums to find out just how hard people find it to home study it.

VFR Transit
5th Nov 2008, 13:20
Clanger32

Thanks for your reply, I am looking to complete some pre study before starting the course, and was under the impression OAA had a study plan!!!! I must have been miss informed.

I shall make sure i brush up on my Maths and Science, however are there any specific areas I should be looking at for the ATPL theroy.

VFR

flightlevel1985
5th Nov 2008, 13:36
VFR Transit, I finished a distance learning course with OAT earlier this year and I think I know what you are talking about. You get a sheet of paper for each module, breaking it down into smaller more managable chunks, detailing what to study, how long to study it for and when to study it in a particular order. Is this what you mean ??

VFR Transit
5th Nov 2008, 13:39
VFR Transit, I finished a distance learning course with OAT earlier this year and I think I know what you are talking about. You get a sheet of paper for each module, breaking it down into smaller more managable chunks, detailing what to study, how long to study it for and when to study it in a particular order. Is this what you mean ??

Afirm

This is what i mean by a Study Plan, are you able to help?? :}

VFR

flightlevel1985
5th Nov 2008, 13:42
Afirm, I can send you a copy, but I only have it in the good old original hard paper version.

VFR Transit
5th Nov 2008, 13:53
Standby 1 (check your pm inbox)

VFR

johnc21
5th Nov 2008, 16:59
I would like to be second in this line if anyone else has a copy electronic or paper.

Thanks

flightlevel1985
5th Nov 2008, 17:04
John, I have just sent VFR my only paper copy, as I do not have access to a photocopier. Maybe he can let you have a copy. Sorry and good luck.

VFR Transit
5th Nov 2008, 17:44
John

Drop me a pm and i will make a copy.

VFR

johnc21
5th Nov 2008, 18:08
Mark and VFR

Thanks for your replies

VFR PM sent.