PDA

View Full Version : Connection in EWR

BA380
4th Nov 2008, 23:43
Am looking at going to Orlando in June with CO going EDI-EWR-MCO. Good price but my only concern is the connection time in EWR. Although the two flights have the same flight number it obviously involves a change of aircraft in Newark. The connection time would be 1hr and 30mins which doesnt seem alot when you consider we would have to get off the 757, go through immigration, collect my bags to go through customs, check them back in then get to the other flight. Is it feasible?

raffele
5th Nov 2008, 13:16
90 minutes is standard minimum connection time. You'll be fine - the only hurdle will be immigration. Coming off a 757, I wouldnt have thought you'd have too long a wait at immigration.

Again - if the whole flight is through ticketed on the same ticket, in the event you miss your connection Continental will have to put you on the next flight free of charge.

FLCH
5th Nov 2008, 13:38
If you get parked at Terminal B you'll have a harder time making it "comfortably" as you have to recover your bag and recheck in Term B and then transfer via Airtrain or even walk to C. If you get parked at C it'll be a piece of cake the recheck counter is right outside as you exit customs, then go upstairs thru security and you're done.

Generally EDI will park at C but if things are balled up there's no telling.

Donkey497
5th Nov 2008, 21:26
I do a lot of EDI/EWR/IAH for work so usually take the CO37 EDI-EWR & CO811 EWR-IAH, which gives about 3 hours connection time. Having said that it's personal choice rather than necessity. I've never been more than 20 minutes from landing to being back airside & walking past where the next flight to Houston CO23 is due to leave at 13:30, rather than the 811 which leaves at 15:00.

I just like the chance to wander about, stretch my legs & get someting decent to eat in a fairly relaxed environment just watching the New York skyline.

90 minutes is plenty, but don't worry there's plenty of back-up, even if you do get delayed.

muckin fuddle
9th Nov 2008, 10:07
If you get parked at Terminal B you'll have a harder time making it "comfortably" as you have to recover your bag and recheck in Term B and then transfer via Airtrain or even walk to C. If you get parked at C it'll be a piece of cake the recheck counter is right outside as you exit customs, then go upstairs thru security and you're done.

Generally EDI will park at C but if things are balled up there's no telling.

This happened to us last year. LGW flight was delayed approx 1 hour ( sat waiting on a taxiway !) & we arrived in Terminal B.

The imigration was manic & there was no assistance from CO to help us connect to our flight. It took over 2 hours to get to the gate for the MCO flight in Terminal C so were bumped onto a later flight - a further 4 hour wait ! Strange thing was that even during these high security times, our baggage made the ealier flight un-accompanied !!!! :eek:

On the return leg, we arrived in Terminal C over 90 mins late & we were put on the " buggy " to the gate for the last flight to LGW at 10.15pm. We were last on to the flight but it took only 15 mins from doors opening to sitting on the LGW flight !

Very impressive if the same Terminal used for connection - othewrewise be prepared !