PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Theory validation regarding FI

Andy_20
4th Nov 2008, 17:19
After completing the ATPL theory you have 36 months from last exam date in which to complete CPL/IR. But i was wondering what would happen to the ATPL theory if you didnt do the IR? Surely if you just wanted to be a FI for SEP aircraft for ppl only, why would you need the IR. :ok:

SkyCamMK
4th Nov 2008, 17:22
It expires and if you later want an IR you will have to resit all 14 for ATP or 6 for IR.

Andy_20
4th Nov 2008, 17:53
Bugger....:ugh:

Shunter
4th Nov 2008, 18:25
Surely if you just wanted to be a FI for SEP aircraft for ppl only....

If that's the case, why are you doing the ATPL exams at all?! The CPL exams are much less work.

eikido
12th Nov 2008, 13:56
I'm in the same situation and it is a bit irritating.

I want to become a FI, but i don't need the IR because i don't want to keep it current for a couple of years since i don't need it. Heck i don't even need a ME rating until the FTO wishes me to have it. I wish it could be like the FAA system where you take everything seperately.

Shunter, if you do CPL only, and then IR seperately later, you will still have to do the full ATPL theory (14 exams) if you want to upgrade to ATPL later on.

This way we are trapped into doing the 14 exams for the CPL, and later in the future redo all of them if we want to add IR to then upgrade to ATPL.

Does anyone have a smarter solution?

Eikido