PDA

View Full Version : Vueling-Merger/Pilots

Jimmy Hoffa Rocks
4th Nov 2008, 00:32
OK I add this in addition to the Clickair thread. Similar but different with an emphasis on pilot issues.For Vueling and Clickair pilots

With the new improved results at Vueling.

I think more of the Clickair guys go on Extracrew.com

Meanwhile pilots have hot meals reduced, less water, salads taken away.

Has anyone heard how the executives have given themselves a nice pay rise ? Truth to this ?

As per the post on the Clickar thread.

It was Vueling pilots who proposed the part time options including the 25% reduction

Although pilots volonteered for part time in Madrid they had no choice but to volonteer for part time.

Perhaps it is time to sign up with Sepla and get organized. And work together with our fellow pilots at Clickair ? Do you see another way ? Do you want to keep bending over ? Or do you believe it is all going to be roses and peaches ? Otherwise the new Vueling management will do as they please and make more mistakes.

It appears SEPLA is changing look at Easyjet with a Sindical section, they just opened an office in Barcelona. The president is from Spainair. 4 from Vueling and 4 from Clickair. Total 6 plus 2 supplantes. No strikes. a Sindical section that would actually be good for the new company with delegates who would do things much differently ( being low cost ) than the old Iberia way of course. A new positive way than a manager could see the advantage of, a Swedish cooperative way. It would depend having strong and flexible delegates.
Anyway it would depend on delegates elected by Vueling-Clickair pilots.

Any thoughts ?

andorra2004
4th Nov 2008, 06:43
In March 08, 25 Vueling's new pilots were called and were furloughed. They were sacked without any compensation for the HT, just paid because Vueling signed that they would be permanently hired. The rest of the pilots in the company said nothing. Nobody called SEPLA, nobody asked about the fired friends. Now, Vueling executives know that nobody will say anything or give any problem if they maintain a low profile.

In Spain, we say, "when you see your neighbor’s beards shaved, put yours in water" (more o less), I think that when people forget the union, the company power starts like this.

Jimmy Hoffa Rocks
4th Nov 2008, 09:00
Andorra,

I totally agree. We need more solidarity in the Vueling community.
I do not want to hear pilots complain about company actions if they are not prepared to be more pro-active.

Now the company unofficially threatened to fire 9 pilots in Madrid if there were not more " volonteers " for part time reduction.

The company has shown no respect whatsover for Company-Administrative Seniority in fact in Clickair they followed it. Unofficially.

Yes the company did not lay off any pilots but the reason is they realized they would be short pilots in April and for the summer.
Also there would be costs associated with a " regularization de empleo " once you had to bring the pilots back.

In the yellow book it was written that layoffs and relocation would be by Administrative seniority. In Madrid this was not followed at all as pilots were prepared to go to Seville.

When will the Vueling pilots wake up ?

Wait till the merger when they fire whomever they choose, I think there could be some unpleasant surprises.

I was talking to a pilot who proposed this below.

Pilots need to talk to the Comite de Empresa rep. and representatives and get the clause, " In the event of layoffs and relocation ( due to merger or economic, financial conditions ) the Company will follow the Administrative Seniority list." This needs to be in writing

Maybe someone who knows more about Spanish law could comment as I dont know much.

The Yellow book meetings that the company have are a charade. The company pretends that they will do something proposed there but does nothing according what the yellow book pilots have told me. Yellow book guys want to quit out of frustration. Not saying no directly, as Michael Bata did, is slimy. In the Yellow book has benefitted more the Company than the pilots so far.