PDA

View Full Version : Is HarrierNAS a Walt?

airborne_artist
3rd Nov 2008, 19:21
Is HarrierNAS a Walt? In the words of that wonderful organ, I think we should be told.

For a supposed product of BRNC or perhaps Cranwell he does have an unusual approach to the use of capitals, and writing in general. Does he ever finish a sentence without using a exclamation mark?

Just Wondered what are the Realistic Options for a Fast Jet WSO when the Tornado GR4 Finally is Retired! The E-2 Hawkeye looks like it could be in the Frame to Replace the ASaC Sea King Platform! Perfect with Regards to the New Carriers! Ur Views!Just a Bit of Banter:- Here's another one of the Royals that Will Wake up on Morning and find there Wings in a Corn Flakes Packet!!Hi Buddy, At OASC they measure the Students to fit into the HAWK Cockpit! Hope that Helps! Any more info Just Ask m8!I flew to Orlando with Virgin in June.... it was the worst Commerical Flight I HAVE ever been on...! First of all the Passenger were hauled around like Cattle, appreciate that we are after SLF, but there is a Limit! We flew Premium Class £3000 Each. It came to the Drinks..... I wish we never bothered I had a cup of Coffee that was Cold, not Warm! My Wife had a Coffee which Cold, plus they put Milk in it, after asking NO MILK! INFlight Food was Crap.......... it went on all the way to America... and the Flight back was not any Better! anyway enough ****agram Writing.... I will fly BA now..... never VIRGIN again Poor V. POOR !Your EYE's SHOULD have been on the ROAD!!!! Not Looking at a LOW Flying Herc! U cud complain, but u are unlikely to get compensation!..... its the MOD, we are NOT a Charity!!I could go on...:ugh:

sunshine band
3rd Nov 2008, 19:41
I was wondering the same thing- his latest post disappeared before I had the chance to finish replying. :hmm:

If he does what his username hints at, he shouldn't be mixing with WSOs socially, except for carrying out Duty of Care...:E He should know that a couple of his sqn colleagues were backseaters before becoming singleseaters... Surely, all WSOs will end up battling with FCs to get the slots at the rear end of the E3Ds...

SB

barnstormer1968
4th Nov 2008, 08:03
Could the NAS be in reference to something American?. Are U.S. Navy bases labelled as NAS.

Or should I have asked.

Could The nas Be in Reference To something American! Are US Navy BASES Labelled As NAS!

Airborne, this has (for some bizarre reason) brought back a memory of playing "harrier attack" on an early computer/console back in the mid to late eighties.
I used to play this game while acting as a guard/guard commander while in a remote guard house on a recruit training camp. The sad thing thing is that I can't remember the platform. Any one got any ideas as to whether it was a BBC, Atari, Spectrum etc.?.

Wrathmonk
4th Nov 2008, 08:16
I don't think he is a walt, more a (low quality) wind -up merchant (a Navy version of Admin Guru perhaps?). Could it be that AIDU has got himself a new log in?!

henry crun
4th Nov 2008, 08:16
I had it on my Spectrum, I think I still have a copy somewhere.
I don't know if it was available on other machines.

barnstormer1968
4th Nov 2008, 08:33
Thanks for that.
Spectrum does sound about right.:ok:

forget
4th Nov 2008, 08:48
Now let's get back to HarrierNAS. Is he - or isn't he. :hmm:

parabellum
4th Nov 2008, 09:19
I don't think English is his first laguage!;)

Bruiser Loose
4th Nov 2008, 10:04
Oooooooh! I DO like a GOOD WaLT hunt!

Burn him!

Wader2
4th Nov 2008, 10:18
A-A, congratulations on a comprehensive outing BUT

1. You must be bored!

2. You should get out more! :O

Postman Plod
4th Nov 2008, 11:22
Harrier attack was on the Amstrad too....

I'm Off!
4th Nov 2008, 11:48
Safe to say - NOT a RN Harrier mate. Therefore I guess prob a Walt of some description. Bit sad.

TOPVIGIDRIVER
4th Nov 2008, 21:11
He is a Walt Certainly Not one of us, he is probably a young kid wanna be Pilot :suspect:

StopStart
5th Nov 2008, 01:49
He is a Walt Certainly Not one of us, he is probably a young kid wanna be Pilot

No wait. What? Seriously?

flipflopman RB199
5th Nov 2008, 04:30
He is a Walt Certainly Not one of us, he is probably a young kid wanna be Pilot

Oh, that's priceless!! :p:p

That's already brightened up my day, and it's only 05:30!!

Flipflopman

Bruiser Loose
6th Nov 2008, 10:29
Where does AIDU work?

sunshine band
6th Nov 2008, 10:49
He's not come onto this thread to defend himself yet.....

Maybe he is/was Samurai Matt???? Remember him?

SB

flt_lt_w_mitty
6th Nov 2008, 10:51
Oi! Geroff. I'm Walt and I will NOT have any challenges - and I flew Harrier, Concorde and the Space Shuttle. So there, young NAS! Back in yer box.

cornish-stormrider
6th Nov 2008, 12:11
Samurai Matt?? who he ?? I have very vague recollections......

And for the record AIDU does not work, AIDU attends. It has been rumoured that work did once take place where AIDU goes to but work was never proven to have actually happened. (because if he did work, how would he spend all his time....................... on proone !!??)

Please note, the above is actually classed as banter and not to be taken seriously

dave_perry
6th Nov 2008, 15:34
He's told me that he had been in the RN for 9 years. Forgive me for my ignorance but what is meant by the term Walt? :confused:

forget
6th Nov 2008, 15:43
Here's a start. Walter Mitty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Mitty)

Solid Rust Twotter
6th Nov 2008, 16:59
A better (more humorous) link...

Walts - ARRSEpedia (http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Walts)

scorpion63
6th Nov 2008, 17:14
Is HarrierNAS a Walt? In the words of that wonderful organ, I think we should be told.

For a supposed product of BRNC or perhaps Cranwell he does have an unusual approach to the use of capitals, and writing in general. Does he ever finish a sentence without using a exclamation mark?

Surely with those attributes he was a Jaguar pilot.

exscribbler
6th Nov 2008, 18:12
Indeed, who is Jeremy Kyle?

WFCA?

Sideshow Bob
6th Nov 2008, 22:38
Jeremy Kyle - Fantastic, get some Pickeys, put them in a TV studio and pay them to air their dirty laundry in public and if your really lucky they may even have a fight! Entertainment for the masses.

cornish-stormrider
7th Nov 2008, 08:02
Jeremy Kyle ?? Jeremy f4c7ing Kyle ??

The standard of crewroon television has gone down drastically. In my day we had the mesmerising effects of Aerobics, OZ style.........

Hubba Hubba Grrrrrr.

No munters or pikeys on that show. Oh and back on topic I believe I am unfortunate enough to be working with a Walt. PM me for tips to out him with style. This Walt spotting is turning into quite a sport.

forget
7th Nov 2008, 08:16
I believe I am unfortunate enough to be working with a Walt.

Unfortunate enough? He's an asset. Always remember - guys like him make you look good. :ok:

BOAC
7th Nov 2008, 08:51
Exactly, forget! We had one in BA (LHR 737) who had done 'everything', including Concorde and the Arrows. I managed to meet him on a night stop in Naples once, and on hearing of his time with the team I had to observe that I had not noticed him sitting on my lap...................:ok:

roony
7th Nov 2008, 10:36
He's not come onto this thread to defend himself yet.....

True, but let’s look at the evidence. Are there any posts by anyone else…

…A newly created username perhaps…..someone obviously crowbarring in the fact that they are a pilot….someone unable to control his capslock while typing…

Ah, Post 14, There you are!

Wader2
7th Nov 2008, 10:45
working with a Walt. PM me for tips to out him with style. This Walt spotting is turning into quite a sport.

For precise assistance we would need a better idea of his 'exploits'.

Generally though you would need a 4lb breaking strain line and a stout hook :}

"When I was in [name place] we [name exploit]"

You then bait the hook with some morsel and encourage further elaboration. If you have direct experience then the next bit is easy. Keep feeding until the fish get bigger and bigger and you can then strike.

If you have no direct experience then ask a discrete question here.

"What happened the the fish caught at Masirah?"

"How long did you spend in a snow hole at Goose?"

"What did the AEO, S E, do when the Vulcan crashed in Iran?"
etc etc

forget
7th Nov 2008, 11:03
Perhaps some of you missed this one with HarrierPilotNAS because the mods canned it.

HPNAS was spouting on about his Harrier exploits when someone suggested he was a Walt. He obviously was, but I suggested he prove his credentials by letting us all know the (fictitious) four digit figure at the bottom right hand corner of the GR9 Pilots Notes.

Guess what – within minutes HPNAS has posted on Mil Aircrew:

Can anyone tell me the four digit figure at the bottom right hand corner of the GR9 Pilots Notes. What joy :p:p:p

PS. "What did the AEO, S E, do when the Vulcan crashed in Iran?"

Lifted the very bent rear crew station table because one guy's legs were trapped. ( :ok:)

Wader2
7th Nov 2008, 12:46
Lifted the very bent rear crew station table because one guy's legs were trapped. ( :ok:)

While . . . :)

forget
7th Nov 2008, 12:54
While . . . :)

Hmmm. That would be something to do with the on board Iranian interpreter running amok. No?

Wasn't me Guv. My Farsi was rubbish. :hmm:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/cumpas/IRAN.jpg

Wader2
7th Nov 2008, 12:59
Forget, that would do. I was thinking about the cabin being full of dirty and dust thus blinding everyone.

BTW, I wrote the brief for the Iranian observer. I think it had been the first time it had been used. I recall two items: you are not allowed to bring a gun on board and you are not allowed to smoke.:ok:

BOAC
7th Nov 2008, 15:51
Guess what – within minutes HPNAS has posted on Mil Aircrew:

Quote:
Can anyone tell me the four digit figure at the bottom right hand corner of the GR9 Pilots Notes.
What joy http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/tongue.gifhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/tongue.gifhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/tongue.gif - aha! but did you see my reply - which was also canned?:p

NB He/she posted that under a different username.