PDA

View Full Version : Cabair Integrated ATPL manuals.

airbuslit
3rd Nov 2008, 18:44
Dear All

I am due to start on Cabair Integrated early next year and was wondering if anyone on their integrated course could enlighten me.

Do they provide their own manuals/textbooks and if they do did people find them good? Are they top quality or more like photocopied handouts?

If they don't / people found them not so good what have they used?

I was wondering if I could get hold of any ATPL books or even just browse through them before starting to get an idea of what lies ahead.

Thankyou guys and gals for your help.

fibod
3rd Nov 2008, 19:44
Top quality? Do be serious!

If you refer to the groundschool notes, get a copy of Bristol Groundschool's to supplement your course.

If you are referring to courseware to support the flying, you are likely to have nothing, or notes home-produced by your instructors.

Brian304
3rd Nov 2008, 20:08
Well you do get some course notes on the flying actually, CPL, ME/IR. Well I got a folder when I did the ME anyway, gives you the things that you are supposed to do e.t.c. But I think he is reffering to the ATPL notes, which believe it or not cabair ones are quite ok for certain subjects.

Brian304:8

fibod
5th Nov 2008, 22:26
Damned by faint praise! :rolleyes:

groundedpilot
11th Nov 2008, 09:38
Hi Airbuslit,

Are you starting at Cabair Cranfield in Jan by any chance ?

I should be on that intake, just got to get my medical to pass on Friday then all should be running to plan.

Do you have any idead what the class sizes are likely to be, i am assuming quite small?:O

Chris

jstanford
13th Nov 2008, 12:38
there will be between 8 and 12 people apparently starting on Jan 5th. Me being one of them.

PAPI-74
13th Nov 2008, 12:42
Get the book by Mike Wikson - Met for pilots.

skywalking
13th Nov 2008, 14:26
you are given a full set of text book at the start of each course.. in most, if not all classes you are given handouts each class and the books are not used, however the books are very good and use them in the evenings to help with extra study.. when i started to do this it really made a difference... hard work though but worth it.. enjoy and good luck!

airbuslit
18th Nov 2008, 13:12
Thanks guys for the useful replies!

I plan to start on the July course next year as long as all goes to plan. Just got to get a small money issue sorted out.

PilotNC
19th Nov 2008, 14:11
Hey Airbuslit, I'm on the July intake at CABAIR too. See you there!!

Daft Wader
20th Nov 2008, 16:19
Hello
If you are in the market for some Oxford ATPL manuals let me know , as I have some spares from my time there ,its worth it to get ahead with the studying , I found the learning curve steep to say the least , especially on systems and POF .
Worth getting into the studying mode before you start the course .
Let me know if you are interested and I will look up which ones I have , some are brand new , not looking for silly money for them, just sensible !
Let me know
Daft Wader:ok: