PDA

View Full Version : Namibia Aviation shocked by CATCO resignation

worn chair
3rd Nov 2008, 03:15
Namibia's CATCO who served for more than a decade has resigned from the DCA.

This is the turning point for civil aviation and ATC in Namibia. The glue which held things together has finally given way.

Congratulations to the president of NAMATCA (and his likes), who is surely elated by the news. Mission accomplished!!! Well done chaps. And the same to Management for not recognizing the looming thread.

The DCA will now have to be very careful with their choice of replacement. Lets wait and see.

Just as you thought things couldn't get worse.

3rd Nov 2008, 06:42
Is it true that the Catco is moving to the sandpit?

Namviator
3rd Nov 2008, 11:26
It was not the right time at all... But hey life goes on. I guess the DCA has to mend its wounds and the clock is ticking...

Any ideas as to what triggered his resignation?

172driver
3rd Nov 2008, 19:13
Bummer, great guy, helped me a lot a couple of years back :ok::ok:

radioexcel
6th Nov 2008, 17:55
Are you talking about Voel?

square-head
7th Nov 2008, 05:26
Yes its Voel, he spreading his wings. Check this link Nuwe terugslag vir lugvaart (http://www.republikein.com.na/politiek-en-nasionale/nuwe-terugslag-vir-lugvaart.75912.php) :ok:for his reasons or this NewEra.com.na (http://www.newera.com.na/archives.php?id=23677) :ugh:his reasons?

7th Nov 2008, 07:37
He maintained that there are other countries and institutions that are equally qualified to offer training for air traffic controllers, and that Namibia’s candidates should not only be sent to South Africa.

Re the "New Era" article:
That last paragraph translates perfectly into "send us somewhere where we don't actually have to study and can pass the simulator exercises without actually having any skills as air traffic controllers"

Insane
7th Nov 2008, 08:23
Sounds to me as if those 5 drop outs are looking for an easy ride laced with symapthy:=:= Find 5 candidates more willing to do the job and to learn and send them down to do the course:ok:

freesky
9th Nov 2008, 18:57
Exactly 1 year ago the rats were leaving the sinking ship. Now the Captain is gone!
P.s. Who is going to fill that chair?:{
HaHa or BLaBLa?:=

Ref the president of NAMATCA (and his likes), WC you are wrong there,
4 more to go.

square-head
17th Nov 2008, 17:50
Eish, I hear that the only two ladies left at the admin section have also resigned:{. This means the admin section will be closed shortly, leaving the rats without anybody taking care of their overtime and salary issues.:sad:

sleeeper
25th Nov 2008, 14:16
The Captain is gone:{ but there are still some rats afloat ;)
Only time will tell now. For the five that skipped the course , there is good
news. ATNS Will take you now :ok:(good luck).