PDA

View Full Version : Confused

VFR Transit
1st Nov 2008, 20:14
I am using the Oxford Manuals to get some pre study work done before doing the ATPL ground school, but to be honest how and where do you start???

Lets say for arguements sake that I pick up the Air Law Book, how do I know what information is more useful than others, will i need to read it cover to cover??

Anyone doing the ATPL ground school at the moment who could shed some helpful study advice would be great.

Thanks
VFR

fadedfootpaths
1st Nov 2008, 20:17
For subjects like Air Law, HPL I just went through the Question Banks, thats the simplest way. If you are just going to start with your ground school, then I suggest you go through the whole book starting from the preface:E and go page by page.

Good Luck:ok:

FFP

mcgoo
1st Nov 2008, 20:20
You will get a study plan with your course, I went with BGS and they do it in frames, eg it will say read chapter 1 & 2 of human performance and chapter 1-3 of something else then do progress test number 1, there is a lot of crossover on some of the subjects.

Contact the school where you plan to study and see if they will give you the study plan, each school will be different, some do 2 modules, some 3 etc, but you will end up reading each manual cover to cover.

VFR Transit
1st Nov 2008, 20:58
Does anyone have a study plan for Oxford at all?????

Thanks
VFR

mcgoo
1st Nov 2008, 21:34
Try the Oxford forum, someone will probably scan one for you.

VFR Transit
1st Nov 2008, 21:40
Mcgoo you are to kind, really you are.

THANKS
VFR