PDA

View Full Version : Is there hope for us FI's?

porridge
1st Nov 2008, 10:53
I saw this on the Flightglobal jobs looking for Flight Crews for business jets:

We will consider languages and other transferable skills during the selection process. Successful instructional experience will be particularly valuable.

I wonder if they are serious?

polohippo
1st Nov 2008, 15:48
I saw that too and applied, lets see!!

FlyingOfficerKite
1st Nov 2008, 18:00
Define "successful instructional experience"?

FOK :confused:

VFE
1st Nov 2008, 18:02
Begs the question as to what qualifies unsuccessful instructional experience! Dizzy spells in a spin? Forgetting the barf bag on a trial lesson?? Bodging the PFL demo???

The mind boggles..... :}

VFE.

jamestkirk
3rd Nov 2008, 07:46
How about forgetting to take the student with you. Hard to explain but think of the freedom.

Coffin Corner
3rd Nov 2008, 08:09
Or more to the point james the student goes without the instructor ;)

jamestkirk
3rd Nov 2008, 23:15
Thats a marvellous idea.

FlyingOfficerKite
4th Nov 2008, 17:58
I remember my father-in-law telling me about an incident during flying training on Tiger Moths at Brough at the latter part of WWII.

Apparently an instructor rolled the Tiger and promptly fell out - for some reason his belts weren't fastened!

First solo for student who completed the flight - dual take-off, solo landing!

Both unharmed I am told.

Now that would qualify for UNsuccessful instructional experience! lol

FOK :}

portsharbourflyer
5th Nov 2008, 20:20
Hate to put a dampener on this, but this advert was for one of the new VLJ start up operations, as much as I am keen on idea of VLJs for the sake of the jobs it will create. It does seem that alot of these VLJ start ups very rarely see the light of day. Also the projections for growth and demand of these services do seem overly optimistic.

Spunky Monkey
7th Nov 2008, 08:22
Sorry to dampen spirits, however look on the Biz Jet forum under Ambeo at Cranfield.

Like the Tiger Moth story.

jamestkirk
8th Nov 2008, 16:07
That is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever heard.

If I were in the clubhouse after that happened (knowing they both were safe), I would laugh my tits off for days.