PDA

View Full Version : SIA application, how strict on mimimum reqs?

bandit81
1st Nov 2008, 06:03
Hi all,

I know questions on this topic have been asked a thousand times before
but Im in a rather unique position so I hope some of you can advise me.

Basically I want to know if SQ will even consider my application.

Im 27 (born in 81)

Failed rsaf airgrading in 2005 tamworth australia, phase 1 final test
sortie

Work experience, am currently a corporate banker (leading international
bank), previously was in investment advisory (global top 10 fund
manager)

Degree: University of London External @ SIM, Accounting and Finance (2nd lower class honors)

Basically where I fall short of the minimum requirements is that I only
have 4 Os credits (English, Maths, Pure Bio, Chem/Phy combined)

I went to poly after Os, dropped out, did NS, did foundation year, did
the degree, failed rsaf, went to work.

To cut the long story short, I had some issues during late secondary sch
period and basically self funded my entire tertiary education working
part time...etc

Anyone can advise me if SQ will consider my application? Or will the
lack of an O credit destroy my chances?

AiRBuS_380
1st Nov 2008, 06:52
hi there,

I guess you can try SQ cadetship and see the answer for yourself. that will be the best way rather then asking for opinions. just apply and see if they get back to you. if yes, that means that you qualify, or if no respone then you can think about the self-sponsored route to becoming a pilot if its your dream...

great way to fly

hiphippyhippo
1st Nov 2008, 13:44
Minimum requirements won't be called minimums if it could go any lower? :\

Thermal Image
1st Nov 2008, 14:07
This O level hurdle is not a road block that you cannot cross. It is not a guillotine blade that severs all chances of you from ever being considered as a cadet.

If it is the only thing holding you back from being considered, then you must ask yourself, are you willing to fix it?

What will it cost you to retake the O's as a private candidate (in time and money terms)?

Will it cost more than doing a self-funded fATPL (especially with no promise of work at the end)?

How badly do you want to be considered?

These are the sort of questions you must ask yourself, for it is the same questions that the person screening your application will also ask.

Bascially - if you as a candidate can't f**king be bothered to do it, whether again or not, then why should SIA even consider you? The conditions are there, made known to you in advance, if you don't feel like complying but just want to make excuses, then do it on your own time.

sq111
1st Nov 2008, 15:32
there is a thread on SIA cadet pilots and yet u open a new thread. There are answer to your questions and if you can't be bothered to search and find out yourself, I will be worried if i see you in the cockpit.

showtime777
2nd Nov 2008, 13:15
same for IFR minima? :)

bandit81
4th Nov 2008, 14:35
thanks for the replies guys