PDA

View Full Version : me-ir reval

andy320
31st Oct 2008, 20:41
i'm looking to reval my me-ir too on an aircraft. does anyone know what extra stuff i will have to do to get the mep reval on top of the me-ir? also what additional testing would be required if i let my me-ir expire but renew it next year, in other words reval verses renewal within 5 year period? can't find the exact info in jar ops or lasors, would appreciate the help.
thanks. andy.

OneIn60rule
31st Oct 2008, 21:51
You can get it back on a single engine or go full monty and get your MEP plus your IR done on the twin.

It would take an extra 15 minutes to get the MEP section done but it's worth doing this in ONE flight instead of TWO (since you'll pay the examiner twice 200 pounds or so, not to mention using the aircraft twice).

If it's been a while I suggest doing one refresher flight on maybe a single engine (cheaper) to get used to the SCAN again.

1/60

WD40
7th Nov 2008, 13:35
To add the MEP to the IR reval flight, you need to add (all as visual manouevres) stalls, steep turns, flapless and normal landings, rejected take-off and emergencies; as 1/60 says it usually adds around 15-20 mins to the flight assuming all goes well.

Renewal (after expiry) of the IR is the same test as an IR reval (ie no extra items) but must be done in the a/c - you can't renew in a simulator. If you go over 5 years then it has to be done with a CAA staff examiner.

You can't renew or revalidate a ME IR in a single engine a/c - if you did the test in a SE then you would get an IR restricted to SE only and would have to take a further test (in an ME) to reval/renew the ME IR.

Hope this clarifies things.

andy320
14th Nov 2008, 20:06
thanks to both of you for the helpful info. one last thing - i know a me-ir confers se-ir privilages, but does an mep confer sep privilages? i doubt it, but wanted to know for sure. planning to do some single engine flying and was wondering whether my new me-ir/mep would cover me in say a c172, or would i need to do an sep test to fly a c172? thanks again, andy.

MANIK.FL000
15th Nov 2008, 16:49
200 pounds (= approx 235 euros) per exam????!!!!!:eek:
Are those the rates charged by examiners in the UK?
And is that only for reval?
What about skill tests?

MIKECR
15th Nov 2008, 17:39
Andy,

When I did my mep/meir renewal earlier this year it was very similar to the original test. We covered just about everything as per the initial. The only difference was perhaps the examiner who was a little bit more lenient. I cocked up the efato on the go around and forgot to feather the prop. Nice chap that he is, he repositioned me back on the ILS at 4 miles and made me do it again. Needless to say, i didnt screw it up that time!

As for cost, the examiners fee was £200 for test. Aircraft hire was obviously on top of that.

Hope thats of some help.

As for the SEP/MEP question - two totally seperate ratings(as per your licence), so unfortunately you'll have to renew your SEP.