PDA

View Full Version : To Carry Passenger in Night

KFTW
31st Oct 2008, 16:19
Hi,
What is the requirement to carry passenger in night?

KFTW

nick14
31st Oct 2008, 16:31
valid night rating, 3 t/o and landings in the previous 90 days as sole manipulator of the controls at night I think.

on the type to be flown.

N

Lost man standing
31st Oct 2008, 18:03
I think only one of them has to be at night. Must be sole manipulator of the controls.

[edited to add]
P.S. In the class to be flown, unless it has a type rating.

Shunter
31st Oct 2008, 18:07
Correct. Standard 90 day currency rules. 1 of the 3 t/o and landings must have been at night.

Translation: turn up at airport, do a quick circuit, collect pax, go flying. Type nothing to do with it.

will fly for food 06
1st Nov 2008, 17:53
If you have an imc or ir you are exempt the one t/o- landing at night to carry passengers.

Shunter
2nd Nov 2008, 09:21
That's certainly true for the holder of an IR, but I don't believe the same is applicable for an IMC rating. Not according to LASORS anyway...

YakAngel
2nd Nov 2008, 21:58
"Translation: turn up at airport, do a quick circuit, collect pax, go flying. Type nothing to do with it."

... but bear in mind, you still have had to have done THREE t/o and landings in the previous 90 days before taking pax (irrespective of day or night)...

in other words, you can only "turn up and do a night circuit before taking pax" IF you've already done at least 2 other t/o and landings in the last 90 days....

... and you're right, type and imc ratings have nothing to do with it.