PDA

View Full Version : Solenta and Qwila Merger

pointer41
31st Oct 2008, 14:35
I have been given permission to place the following news:

To all Crew and Engineers - Qwila Air (Pty) Limited
Cc All employees – Solenta Aviation (Pty) Limited and Solenta Aviation Workshop (Pty) Limited

RE: RESTRUCTURING OF QWILA AIR CONTRACTS AND OPERATIONS

As many of you know, the aviation industry is facing challenging times ahead, driven primarily by a declining world economy and the impact of the high oil prices over the past eighteen months.
Towards addressing these challenges we face, and following discussions with our clients, we have decided to merge forces with the Solenta Aviation Group.
Effective Sunday 16th November 2008, Solenta Aviation (Pty) Limited will assume direct and total responsibility for all our contracts and their operations into the future – on both the AOC and the AMO sides of the business.
We have agreed with Solenta Aviation (Pty) Limited that all our crew and engineers currently employed by Qwila Air (Pty) Ltd will be offered immediate employment with Solenta Aviation, at the current Qwila Air (Pty) Limited salary scale that you are on.
You will however be required to sign a new contract directly with Solenta Aviation (Pty) Ltd – for air crew, and Solenta Aviation Workshop (Pty) Limited – for engineers - and then undergo an interview and the full Solenta induction process and familiarization of the Solenta company, cultures and Operating Manuals (both AOC and AMO) by no later than 15 February 2009.
All crew will be required to undertake a flight proficiency test with a designated flight examiner / instructor approved by Solenta Aviation. (This is to ensure compliance with SACAA legislations and Solenta Aviation Operations Manual requirements).
It is our hope and intention that this news and process will be received with openness and acceptance, and that the field operations shall not be disrupted at all by this transition. Ian Durand shall be employed by Solenta Aviation effective the same date (of 16th November 2008) and will be responsible to look after all the current Qwila contracts and Qwila employees and their concerns in the interim phase-in period. He shall continue with Solenta Aviation too into the indefinite future.

The Solenta Aviation operations and maintenance departments and structures will however be introduced and take over the bulk of the day-to-day running and management of the contracts.
We believe that your future careers and prospects shall remain equal to or better than that of Qwila Air into the longer term future, with prospects of more contracts, in more areas, and with bigger fleet types.
Additional more detailed communications shall follow in due course.
In the event anyone has any questions not covered above, please contact Bruce Johnstone or Ian Durand immediately and directly for clarification and further discussion.

Yours faithfully
(Signed Bruce Johnstone and Mark Hurst)

pointer41
31st Oct 2008, 14:41
I wish to comment separately on the post, and state what an absolute privilege it was working with the Qwila team, each and every one of you! My sincerest respect and admiration for Bruce and Ian, who never gave up, but fought for the best they could for the employees. My best wishes to all for your future, Godbless!

WhinerLiner
1st Nov 2008, 10:04
Good luck to all. Mergers are never easy, particularly when cultures differ.

V1... Ooops
1st Nov 2008, 10:19
Fascinating news. I wonder if they are going to call the new company 'Rossair'.

Solenta
1st Nov 2008, 12:18
:zzz: yawn

Shrike200
1st Nov 2008, 21:30
They might as well...good one, V1 :E

dakotanorb
1st Nov 2008, 22:33
Bruce,
Please keep me in line what will be next.
Would be nice to get to a new level with Ian and Lee.
I just did my q400.
PM me if you read this
Norbert

SAT_BOSS
2nd Nov 2008, 05:16
I am a former employee of Qwila and have nothing but admiration and good words for Qwila. Bruce, Ian, Ma Mercia, Sharon and the list is endless ... Good luck and hope the merger works well and as Solenta full well know that Qwila have a good professional staff and people with a can do attitude. Go boys Go !!!!!:D

Goffel
2nd Nov 2008, 06:20
Good luck to all, I am pretty sure it will work out well.

Both companies never took any short-cuts so things should run exactly the same.

Just out of interest, which company paid the higher salaries.

Goffel....:ok:

The Con
2nd Nov 2008, 11:42
Wow, the seemingly never ending ups and downs of our industry. Goodluck Ian.........and all.

norbert, I trust the micro's tucked away somewhere. Takecare

capri70
1st Dec 2008, 15:03
I suppose this is the only way to help out a company that had one foot in the ditch after Bruce aimed to high again and help the other (Solenta) get what they always wanted , to control the South African contract market.:D