PDA

View Full Version : Seeking man with dogs at Manchester!

BoeingBoy
30th Oct 2008, 18:03
Sorry for the obscure title but I was operating the FCA 2332 to Pafos yesterday (29th). As I lined up for take off I noted an enthusiast on the south side viewing area (The Knoll) who was taking pictures with a tripod. He seemed to have three dogs with him which I think were Red Setters or similar. He seemed to be alone at the time.

The aircraft was Boeing 757-200 G-OOBA and the take off time was around 0930.

The flight was one of sentimental value to me as I am about to change types and I would love to have some copies of the photo's taken. I will gladly pay any expenses involved so I wonder if the person involved reads this, or someone knows who he may be, could I ask him to PM me with some contact details and I will get in touch.

Thanks in anticipation of any help that you can offer.

Captain David Barrington
First Choice Airways
Manchester

maffie
30th Oct 2008, 18:36
Hi,

I've put your request on the Key Publishing forum. Many photographers on this site are AVP regulars

Matt

NudgingSteel
31st Oct 2008, 00:26
Capt. Barrington,
I can't help with your query (although I think I might have spoken to you on the R/T on your way out!), but on a completely unrelated topic, thank you for your interesting input to a PC Pilot article some time back about the 767!

BYALPHAINDIA
31st Oct 2008, 01:32
Could be 'Stuart Prince' he is usually around, Good lad to talk to.

His photos are on the 'Ringway' Reports.

obnoxious
31st Oct 2008, 16:46
keep an eye on this

Plane Mad - Manchester forum > Discussion: "Seeking man with dogs" (http://www.plane-mad.com/view-topic.php?topic=1691)

BoeingBoy
31st Oct 2008, 21:17
Thanks for the replies, and thanks for the mention about the PC Pilot article.

It's funny how often I still get passengers who are flight sim enthusiasts coming up front to say hello and saying how much they appreciate what was in that. It's origins lay in the tuition that we, as pilots of the 737-200 learnt from our old and bold Captains in the seventies and early eighties about manual descent planning.

Funnily enough, with changed figures for weight and wind, it's still valid today. In fact I even drew diagrams about circuit planning for an inexperienced FO just last week. It's nice to pass on the old techniques to the pilots of tomorrow. Sadly, these days the training departments only teach them how to press buttons and trust the software.......which, on the 757/767 is just not capable of delivering decent results.....or should that be 'descent' results!

Take care.

BB;)

BYALPHAINDIA
31st Oct 2008, 23:11
Boeing Boy, I have a copy of 'Airliner World' and I presume that is you (DBB) & Jan Pollock flying the 75 down to Mahon?

What is Jan upto now?

It was a 1999 issue I think.

Best Regards.:ok:

Old Grey
1st Nov 2008, 19:54
This is the thread on the Key Publishing (http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=85645) forums.

BoeingBoy
2nd Nov 2008, 07:51
Thanks for your efforts Guy's.

BYALPHAINDIA, yes, that's me in Airliner World along with Jan, who is alive and well and with me in Thomson Airways (As we now have to call it from November 1st)

I did an article for them about a year or so later describing a trip to Barbados, but managed to avoid any mug shots. (There's only so often you can frighten the readers!)

Best Regards

BB

enicalyth
2nd Nov 2008, 10:04
The well-modulated officerly tones of Barrington changing types? Shurely shome mishtake.

I did not fly the 76 for long and the 75 never but the "six" I thought was a good hayburner with only a few disappointing quirks and annoyances.

Perhaps rose tinted spectacles but she went where you pointed her and had power to spare under the bonnet so to speak. I was young then and had found an employer who did not immediately go bust on me, and an aircraft that answered the purpose very well. Changing types.

I have the most tremendous respect for the 747, regard the 767 with much affection and think back on the 737 classics as one does about one's youth and the joy of getting that special girl to the altar.

I'm beginning to sound like 411A but it always was a a funny kind of day when you flew a particular type that had become your office for the last time.

Best Wishes to you David and I hope you never forget your days on the "six" at least. She may be the Dowager Duchess but she sure can waltz better than all of these young minxes!

The "E".... Just Passing