PDA

View Full Version : KQ Ab Initio 2008

EchoKilo
30th Oct 2008, 15:38
Has anyone been invited for an interview yet? I applied a while back and other than the automated response, nothing yet from KQ. Also what should I expect if am lucky enough to be invited. It seems the cadet scheme is so coveted, its nearly impossible to get in. Also what is expected if taken and how long does it take from start to actual flying their jets.

Thanks,
EchoKilo

jetpet
31st Oct 2008, 09:07
if u do manage to get in, may take about 3yrs from ground school to flight school and back to ground school again for the B733 to actually flying...only good thing is your seniority starts when u join as an ab initio.:ok:...if that is anything to go by...so far as joining...good luck...all the whos's whos's kids have to have a go first!!!

EchoKilo
31st Oct 2008, 14:38
So these kids from high ranking people do they actually go for the interviews and go through aptitude etc tests? What a shame. 3yrs seems a long time to actually find yourself on the right seat of the 733. doesn't the training take about 1yr? What goes on after that?

ugflyer
31st Oct 2008, 19:56
EchoKilo, believe me three years from zero to a 737 is not a long time. And then again, it all depends on where you are making an aviation career. In this inddustry, you will learn to be reeeeeeal patient. I went to Embry Riddle almost ten years ago under the impression I would be in a shiny jet in four years at the most. I was young and eager and ready to take on the world. And just like all of us that were in the flight program that year, reality took a very different course. I eventually did get there, but it took more time than I had in mind.
But like I said, it all depends on your location and what the airlines' philosophy is about new hires and what not. But all I can say is just be patient.....everything comes to pass. Your day will come before you know it. In the meantime, get your hands on that cessna and obtain the PPL first (that's if you don't have your certificates). What lies ahead will come to you in due time.

mwafrika
31st Oct 2008, 23:55
Echo, like ugflyer said, patience is a virtue and especially so in this industry. If flying is your passion as is for most of us, don't put all your hopes on KQ's program. If you have the resources, go to Kenya School of Flying and get your PPL and try make your way either to SA or the states for the rest of your ratings, its much cheaper and faster. Or you can befriend some high ranking peeps and your cv will suddenly grow after-burners and be at the top for selection at KQ. The road ahead of you is long and sometimes bumpy but don't give up, it's worth every bit in the end. PM me, I'll give you my story and some helpful hints. Good luck bro.:ok: