johnrico
29th Oct 2008, 22:45
What are the requirements for pilots at aeromexico besides
being born there...i was
mexican pilot licence... i use to have
mexican citizen....i am duel cit.
i have over 4000hrs
ASPA member...not yet

What are the bases, pay, QOL, and hiring outlook.

Im a current captain tired of the us aviation crap.
looking to fly at a company where u dont have to worry about
ur job.

Any info is much appriciated

rcl7700
1st Nov 2008, 15:54
Hello. Aeromexico has a very strict progression. You begin at their regional as a SAAB 340 or ERJ-145 FO (or CAP if you have more than 3,000 hrs). From there you would go as an FO to Aeromexico, most likely the B737 or MDs. You would remain as an FO in progressively larger planes (B767-777), then return as Captain to the B737 or MD and work your way up as Captain. This of course takes a lifetime. There are no cuts, you have to wait for your turn, and I don't know if it's a rumor but I've heard there are pilots who reitre as FOs.

Mexicana is the same.

One more thing, you must become a member of ASPA first. The airline hires only through them. It's kind of complex.

Check out Volaris. They fly A319 out of Toluca and have direct entry Captain positions. There are several other airlines where you could start as a Captain, AMX and MXA have very strict rules and most people in there do their whole careers there and start at an early age. PM me if you want.

rcl

segasora
10th Nov 2008, 15:59
Anybody knows any details about VOLARIS where to apply? , who is the chief pilot? minimum requirements?