PDA

View Full Version : Base training for 737 Classic

alescz
29th Oct 2008, 14:21
Hello,
Today Sterling, where my base training for B737 Classic should be done next week - bankrupted... Does anybody, please, has any idea where else in Europe to try to make it? I know about two another guys who need that...
Thanks
Alex

adverse-bump
29th Oct 2008, 22:11
Save your money and dont bother with it!

If they have gone bust, it means lots of 737 pilots will be out there looking for work. why would an airline take you instead of some one with hours on type.

This is why people keep saying a type rating with out hours is useless! And never pay for your own with out a job offer.

best of luck to all at sterling in finding new work.

IrishJetdriver
30th Oct 2008, 00:14
previous post says it all, however without base training you can't get the type on your licence. Check how long your skills test pass remains valid.

I know Astreus do base checks and I guess someone can do it although they need to provide a TRE who will need to sign you off for training files of which he has had no input. You can surely rent the TRE and the plane somewhere but it sure as hell will cost a small fortune, even split between 3 of you. What about Ryanair ? They have to sign off all different nationality students so maybe have some experience of different training backgrounds ? It will be an -800 though.

Good luck to you and all from Sterling. An airline with a long history.

DeltaT
30th Oct 2008, 01:14
Find a cat D sim, then you don't need to be signed off on the real plane?

portsharbourflyer
30th Oct 2008, 01:38
Delta T, not so in JAA land, only pilots with significant previous JAR 25 experience can be signed off with zero flight time training.

For those obtaining the first multi crew ratings then the base check must be completed on the actual aircraft.

alescz
30th Oct 2008, 09:47
That is just for those, who have over 1,500 jet hours.

no sponsor
30th Oct 2008, 12:54
Yes it must be in a Cat D sim, but it must be certified for Zero Flight Time, and the TRTO must be qualified and certified to offer ZFT.

alescz
30th Oct 2008, 14:45
OK, and you know about some like this in Europe? It would be great to know. Thanks Alex

BASCP
30th Oct 2008, 14:58
Try Eagle Jet International. They are American, but offer JAA type ratings through their partner airlines.

alescz
30th Oct 2008, 15:07
Thanks. I looked at their web site and I see, they have just NG available.

fadedfootpaths
30th Oct 2008, 15:26
Jat Airways(email them at training(@)jat.com and Ask for Mr. Vladimir Banjac) Jat Airways - Training Centre (http://www.jat.com/active/en/home/main_menu/other_activities/training_center.html)

Eagle Jet International, Inc. (http://www.eaglejet.net/HeavyJetPrograms.asp) They have something for the 737-Classic.

Good Luck:ok:

IRISHPILOT
31st Oct 2008, 17:50
Try Air Slovakia, they used to do this a couple of years ago in a -300.

Try Pegasus too.

good luck, IP

fadedfootpaths
31st Oct 2008, 19:36
Irishpilot I dont think Pegasus have the -300?

Ah! Stupid me, they have the 400 :ugh::ugh:

Warlock1
8th Nov 2008, 08:55
I've done mine with Pegasus airline in Turkey. Give'em a call, they might be able to squeeze you in

captain.weird
9th Nov 2008, 08:14
Maybe Corendon or Pegasus can help you.