PDA

View Full Version : Direct operating cost

Phoinix
29th Oct 2008, 09:42
Hey rotorheads!

I need info on direct operating costs for A-109E and EC-135P2+. Manufacturers website is very sparse on the technical information regarding these two types.

Thank you for any info.

Regards, Jure

Phil77
29th Oct 2008, 13:07
I suggest you contact the manufacturers directly. I got Conklin & de Decker data from all of them via email within minutes! Ask them if they can incl. a different model for comparison (I guess you should stick within the company's product range for the comparison ;) ). They will help you even with discontinued products.

Phoinix
29th Oct 2008, 16:47
Big thank you to Ian Corrigible! Thank you Phil, now i know where to get my data in the future.

:ok:

leading edge
29th Oct 2008, 21:49
Just be very careful using DOC data.

Everyone calculates it very differently. C&D maybe a guide but some aircraft type information is based on a small sample with diverse operators conducting varying tasks.

The best way to find out what it will really cost you is to get a manufacturer's quote for PBH (preferably nose to tail). Since they are underwriting it, the rate will be a fair indication of what it will cost you to run an aircraft per hour (excluding personnel costs obviously) Don't forget to add a few $ for consumables since most manufacturers exclude them in their PBH rates.