PDA

View Full Version : Sri Lankan Airlines Emergency Descent

Gihan A Fernando
29th Oct 2008, 06:55
On 27th October morning, UL 422 declared a 'Mayday' and carried out an emergency descent. After reaching 10,000ft they cancelled their emergency and climbed back to FL220. Does anyone know anything more about the incident?

ceopita
30th Oct 2008, 21:35
gihan why dont you ask the people who told you about the incident\/ they should know better than anyone else

Gihan A Fernando
31st Oct 2008, 09:30
No one told me.

I was there, flying in the same air space, some where over the Indian Ocean!

When one declares an emergency and descends due to a pressurization problem, one does not climb again but make landfall and land ASAP.

That is why I wan't to know.

ravindra randeniya
2nd Nov 2008, 04:18
Well?

You wanna here about a amergency descent ?

14 Hot shots left ULfor the High Altitude of Kingfisher.

Now with news of Kingfisher De-pressurising

Mayday Mayday !

One ex airforce ex ul jock is back at UL

2 ex gamaya's have come and done their interviews

One ex airforce ex ul upper crust pseudo british jock is having the union prez lobby on his behalf

One ex management aft sucker is negotiating with MAL the Rat who's promised hime seniority and ex job ??? ALPG hello?

An Ex UL Australian Citizen has got the sack at Kingfisher is playing cramer vs nobody since he is jobless, now calling the bugle boy daily

Even an Ex UL Indian who went to Mother India has put his papers back to UL

I guess the sector safe alt is at UL?

rdr
2nd Nov 2008, 05:33
whars that got to do with the emergency descent ??

B747-800
2nd Nov 2008, 06:14
dude, where is the emergency descent?

Lankaweflyingporak
3rd Nov 2008, 00:09
To me Ravindra sounds like a bitter UL pilot who stood to gain by moving fourteen points up the "pittu bambuwa" (Seniority List) and now finds his hopes dashed.

Discussing dancing pilots instead of dancing "istars" has nothing to do with the original question of the emegency descent.

Is there a cover up?

LOVE UL
3rd Nov 2008, 01:42
Machung Ravindra,

Once again the post is EMERGENCY DESCENT.:confused:

Any how its good that some people are coming back. As you can see the UL management guys cant fly straight. Big Boss is grounded. Old Boss very popular and dropping bricks and flags. And UL needs some guys with time back in the Airline. I would say its a blessing.

However your seniority machung is screwed. That I agree. But what to do.
:{ :{

srilankanpilot
3rd Nov 2008, 11:23
typical sri lankans koheda yanne malle pol?

a nation that has lost its way.

GAF you also need to know all the bull****.if we want to do a emergency descent what is that to you, on the way we changed our mind so we climbed again. end of matter................

sharuk khan
3rd Nov 2008, 12:16
Capt Fernando,
As usual you can see why SICK SQUID has no problem in banning us Sri Lankans on this forum.
here's what I know so far....
One Pack went u/s and there is a procedure in the FSI stating to reset CB to regain pack. This was done and then the next pack gave the same problem and again CB was reset. It was fine for sometime and then both packs failed and the captain decided to commence E/Descent. At 10000 the CB's were recycled again and one pack was regained. Then they decided to climb to higher altitude (to make fuel reserves) and continue to BKK. The cabin crew said they never felt the E/D and Paxs never noticed the descent and climb.
BKK station cleared the a/c and it continued to HKG and back.

A word of advice, try asking Sri at safety for details like this than a forum like this, where only morons like me waste time reading and replying....
Happy flying Skip.............

Gihan A Fernando
3rd Nov 2008, 13:26
Many thanks Sharuk. That is all I wanted to know.

That is the name of the game isn't it?

To learn from other's experience.

There was no sinister intention at all.

I feel I must still reply the Srilankanpilot. What is it to me?.......

My son is coming back home for Chritmas on UL and I need to know whether you guys are as good/professional as before. Remember that you have inherited the safest airline system in the world. Air Ceylon, AirLanka and SriLankan combined have not had a single hull loss since inception in 1947. Even Qantas had to spend more than the cost of a brand new airplane when they had to repair the a/c that overan in BKK. That was to maintain their record.

You got work hard at it. One cock up is one too many!

As for me I am proud to have been involved in that system from 1973 to 1996. Some of you gentlemen were less than a gleam in your fathers eyes, in those days!!

rdr
4th Nov 2008, 08:25
srilankanpilot

you sound like a tight ar..d pakia not a pilot.

gihan and sharuk, thanks for sharing your info
rdr

Cirrus3
4th Nov 2008, 12:39
Ravindra,

You are out of order. Who the hell are you to call people Gamayas :=

I am wondering where you come from.......some kind of muddukku??

I know why you are angry......sucked into management for so long...didn't work out. so try it for bit longer...you got some years left.

thiththaaththa
13th Nov 2008, 15:29
One of the Gamayas are very dangerous.He used to manipulate the roster in big time. Every body is worried about his arrival. I heard the guild has appointed a person specially to monitor his roster. Not because he's DARK.:ugh:

411A
13th Nov 2008, 17:50
Air Ceylon, AirLanka and SriLankan combined have not had a single hull loss since inception in 1947.

Ahhh, well, there was the rather loud bang in the aft hold of the TriStar parked at CMB, and the airplane was indeed a total loss, as I recall.....:}

Otherwise, thanks to the many foreign Commanders who paved the way for so many years, the record is quite good, all things considered.

AKAFresh
15th Nov 2008, 00:29
411A you are correct, but let it be made clear this was as a direct result of a bomb planted by a terrorist organisation known as the LTTE. Additionally to this was an airport terrorist attack which also resulted in aircraft damage/loss some years later.

Lankaweflyingporak
21st Nov 2008, 14:02
It is reliably known that when that TriStar was destroyed at KAT by a bomb there was jubilation in Shannon. It was coming to the end of its lease with an Irish Company.

When the terrorists attacked the airport and destroyed aircraft there was jubilation in DXB. The next days Herald Tribune said that the "Terrorists have reduced the airline to a managable size" It was well known that UL was planning to send the A330's back to the Sheiks of Arabi, at the end of August 2001. The attack occured in June or July 2001

If you are interested........go to "scuttling of ships" on the net. The Insurance Companies know of these scams but pay up as they will get and have got more bussiness after that. So they turn a blind eye.(thow money to get money)

In both cases who went laughing all the way to the bank?

Who is ultimately paying the price?

Were they "inside jobs?" only time will tell.

The pilot fraternity and the tech staff should not be blamed.

Lankaweflyingporak

moderate
27th Nov 2008, 10:11
This is in reply to 'RR' another budding wannabe actor! We now know that your info was all wrong.........'the so called Aussie still has his job at Kingfisher and the 'uppercrust British PP holder' does not even posses a British PP and has not even contacted the Guild Prez to try and return to UL:confused:! They would love to stay away from morons like you as long as posbl........that guy did a great job for the Guild and didn't get your help for it.....instead stuck his neck out for weakling like you. So please don't bite the hand that fed you ....Grrrrrrr:E

Pukkhan
28th Nov 2008, 23:51
Hey guys, Why are you all worried about an upper crust British or any other Ausie guy or any fellow who wants to come back. Let them come. We still have an awfull lot of expats who are not even closer to the standerds of our guys. At least the country will benefit with the tax they pay. :D

AKAFresh
29th Nov 2008, 15:28
What has this got to do with this particular thread??............

I think we can all agree that it would be better to start a new thread rather than continuously bringing this thread to the top of the listings.

Words such as SRILANKAN and EMERGENCY in the title don't exactly do the national carrier any favors especially when the majority of the thread is general talk about the airline and nothing to do with the emergency decent that took place some weeks ago.

AkA.

moderate
29th Dec 2008, 16:12
Good thought but would any post remain steadfast even after the initial question is answered? Doubt it as there won't be anything more to talk about it. Perhaps thats how it becomes a thread for other discussions. ..........
Would it be better for the professionals here to concentrate on the post, discuss and learn from it and then move on to other subjects? Or is it asking for too much from them?