PDA

View Full Version : EVA air

50cent
28th Oct 2008, 22:53
Hi everyone:

Did a search but nothing got returned, just wondering if anyone is currently working for EVA air? got a few questions here if you guys have the time to answer:(

1. Hows the reputation of EVA air?. .
2. hows the life living in Taiwan as an expat?
3. do they base you anywhere else?
4. whats the roster like, how many days on days off? and roughly how many trip you do a month? any staff travels?
5. how do they determine which fleet do you get on?
6. with their long haul stuff, if you are employed, are you a SO or FO?
7. how long does it take to upgrade?
8. hows the guys that you work with? are they pretty relaxed about the job or being capt american about the whole thing?

correct me if i am wrong, living in Tiawain is like in between mainland china and hongkong? about half way?

i only meet the min requirements, so just wondering if anyone has any info on how they choose their applicans?

please post it here or PM me if you want to be private. any help or advise are welcome and appraciated.

thank you

Riu
29th Oct 2008, 01:34
correct me if i am wrong, living in Tiawain is like in between mainland china and hongkong? about half way?

what does that mean? you actually mean geografically? where taiwan is located on earth?? :eek:

taiwan is a big island like 800 km east of hong kong... right in front of china mainland 1300 south (more or less!) of the yellow sea and korea.

armchairpilot94116
29th Oct 2008, 04:56
Nankantraz Forum: News and Rumors (http://nankantraz.org/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=1)

Ask your questions on the above forum. Some EVA guys may answer, although its been very quiet on that forum of late.

middlepath
29th Oct 2008, 16:10
in brief, expats get paid very poorly and accomodation is not in the best part of the town. No one from eva bother to respond because they are depressed and demoralised.Take eva as last resort.is that enough information.

TWN PPL
30th Oct 2008, 09:47
i only meet the min requirements

If you're one of the turbo prop guys; with no real jet transport time. And I don't mean no Citation time.

Then this will be a dream job for you.

wigwag
30th Oct 2008, 13:40
twn ppl

What did you mean I dont mean citation time ?

citation jet time worthless for eva ?
:confused:

kind regards

WW

cosmiccomet
30th Oct 2008, 19:15
There is a big airline crisis in Taiwan.

You can see any day many MD11 and B744 parked for many days in RCTP without flying for days.
They even have stopped the ab-initio local pilots, so I donīt see a future expat recruitment for the short term.

fencitup
17th Nov 2008, 00:29
EVA 's website still shows them looking

Flying Mechanic
17th Nov 2008, 05:22
Yep wont be much Pilot hiring for a while, most fleets r pretty flush. Sadly senior cabin attendants are being given a golden handshakes, once they reach 15 years.......seniors Pilots will be next?